Liverpool - not 2009/10 but the next season after that

Prolonged absense of Aquilani wasn’t the fault of Benitez last season!

Benitez buys an injured player and then doesn’t give him games to get him back to match fitness, and generally seems to write him off.

Yet he was somehow ‘unlucky’ with this situation.

Clown.

Admittedly I skimmed it. I wanted Rafa out myself. He doesn’t say that Aquilani’s absence wasn’t Rafa’s fault does he? Regardless it’s a small part of his argument. Certainly his points about Liverpool having more than just Torres and Gerrard are valid. Alonso, Mascherano, Reina were all world class in recent seasons. Torres is out of form but he’s also incredibly isolated. Hansen’s point about there being a Catch 22 with Torres is ridiculous also and he correctly pulls it apart.

Rooney to Liverpool?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Tommy Rooney maybe! I think Vauxal Motors FC dont need him anymore.

Wayne’s auld fella was meant to be a reasonable player in his day. Presume this is who you mean?

A sky reporter overheard Hodgson saying “Looks like Waynes’ coming”… he couldn’t report anymore because it started pissing and had to run for cover.

:lol:

Rumours are rife that Hodgson will step down after Napoli game … That certain players refuse to play for him any more … I doubt he’ll last much longer .

Sure who’d want the job then? O’Neill wont I’d say. Step forward King Kenny, it couldnt possibly go any worse.

I dont think he is the man for the job long term… but till seasons end he, like you said, can do no worse.

Its a long way until the end of the season and if things go any worse we could be looking for an Ian Dowie or a Gordon Stachan caliber of manager :o :o :o

Frank Rijkaard’s contract as coach of Galatasaray has been terminated by mutual agreement, the club said today.

The former Uefa Cup champions are ninth in the Turkish championship after eight games, eight points adrift of leaders Bursaspor. They lost 4-2 against mid-table side Ankaragucu on Sunday. The Dutchman was appointed by the Istanbul club in 2009 after leaving Barcelona the previous year.

“As a result of mutual talks with technical director Frank Rijkaard … we have decided to part ways,” read a Galatasaray statement.

Rijkaard’s availability has already led to speculation that he could replace Roy Hodgson as Liverpool manager. The 63-year-old Englishman has endured a torrid start to his tenure at Anfield and the club are in the relegation zone after almost a quarter of the season.

The odds on Rijkaard replacing Hodgson tumbled today and the Dutchman was 5/2 favourite with William Hill this morning. Martin O’Neill (10/3), Kenny Dalglish (5/1) and Guus Hiddink (8/1) are next on the list

Was trying to post this also, it’s on Twitter that Hodgson’s done and dust.

Reckon there’ll be a few interested parties, they’re in such a shocking state new manager will get an easy ride at the start, the only way is up (baby) etc.

Best for both parties I reckon. He seems constantly flustered and I’d genuinely (enough) be concerned about his health. He’d be better off walking now than being pushed at/before Christmas.

I did say at the start it would end in tears and it was a poor appointment by Liverpool…Hodgeson is an alright sort but is a mid table manager…Rijkaard would be the right man for Liverpool if they want someone to stroke Torres, Gerrard’s and Carragher’s egos…

Did anyone else get on the 9/4 Hodgeson not to be liverpool manager come the beginning of the 2011/2012 season that I brought to lads attention back in early september

:clap:

First round is on me friday night*…

TSK glug glug…

• rintintin can go and fuck

As did I… I think the turk was the only one who thought it would be a decent appointment.

Thought he was somehat unimpressed by it although can’t really remember…

I would be surprised if Hodgson walked away after the Napoli match.

Only needs a couple of wins and he will be ok until Christmas and then he can spend. I don’t think that NESV are going to throw him out straight away.

Whether he should go or not is another question.