Liverpool - not 2009/10 but the next season after that

Liverpool are a mid table club though Pukey. They burned a lot of bridges turning down Pelligrinni, Deschamps, OBEill etc over the summer. There is a huge job at Liverpool, I’m not who decent would fancy it

They offered the job to Deschamps, but he turned it down.

Liverpool nearly a goal down just before half-time - Konchesky had to clear off the line.

3 Napoli fans arrested earlier for the murder of a Liverpool fan.

Numerous fans knifed last night also… local media ran a story about the notorious english hooligans coming to town and stirred up a right shit storm. Gangs of locals have been out looking for Liverpool fans.

Liverpool playing shite as well. Babel should have scored, nothing happening in midfield, the defenders are all at sea. Thankfully Napoli the knackers aren’t much better.

The Mirror, who are generally on the ball with football exclusives, reporting this morning that Torres and Reina are set to leave Liverpool in January. They have escape clauses in their contracts and are furious at lack of money being spent. It appears that fuck all money will be given to Hodgson in January.

Great times to be a Liverpool fan.

yeah saw that Nesv werent mad for spending and are worried about the amount of older players that are on high contracts…

I believe David James may be interested in a move back to the EPL, a ready made replacement for Pepe

Robbie Fowler must be a candidate to play up front also. He’s making great waves in the A League I understand.

Whats Patrik Berger at these days?

Bet those white suits are being looked at nostalgically now.

Saw a half hour of him in action a while back - pretty funny. He hardly moved. Andy Todd former Bolton I think hacker came on and was as shit as ever. Some lad from Derry - McFlynn or something is one of the star players. Actually I saw Clive Delaney in the shop this evening again

Andy Todd is quite the cunt

Statement from new owners… Short and sweet.

John Henry today quashed the idea that Liverpool would allow any top stars to leave in the January transfer window.

The NESV principal owner’s comments follow a hands-off warning issued yesterday by Roy Hodgson with regards the future of Pepe Reina.

Henry said: "We have recently read stories about our intentions for the forthcoming January transfer window and have a sense of humour about this type of inevitable speculation.

"As everyone knows we are new to English football, but not to sport, and we are studying all options. Opportunities and value will drive spending in January and in the future.

"Our clear focus from day one of our ownership has been - and will be - to improve the club and focus on what it will take to put Liverpool FC consistently in a position to challenge for trophies.

"We intend to build this club the right way.

"Stories about our top players leaving are destructive and unwarranted but we realise that this kind of speculation is also common.

“We intend to build on the strength of the current squad, not undermine it. And I can reassure our supporters that we have no intention of allowing the team to be weakened going forward.”

All this comes on a day when Hodgson outlined his plans to improve the squad in January and insisted the club could still attract top stars from around the world

Vucinic has been linked heavily enough in the last few days.

Not a chance of that happening.

The more realistic target is Gillinghams Ashley Miller. It probably wont happen either though as Utd, Arsenal and a few more are after him.

Couldn’t believe when I saw him classed as the want-away Vucinec…That man lives for Roma

A hard fought scrappy 1-0 win yesterday… a draw was probably fairest but I will take that nicely.

Gerrard and Torres were terrible yesterday, but Torres’ touch of class for the goal shows why no matter how bad he is playing you never take him off, he can still turn a game!

Have to say Lucas has been superb over the last two games :clap: and meireles is bedding in welll.

Chelsea up next. :unsure:

Christ that was an awful match yesterday but at least we got a victory.

Bolton were shite - Kryiakos held Davies reasonably well, lucky not to give a peno away at one stage though, and I thought Skrtel had a good match. You’re right CM, Gerrard and Torres were very poor but Torres’ touch for the goal was sublime.

A good win, be it somewhat lucky and hopefully that will give an injection of confidence. Chelsea is the last game we want next.