Liverpool - not 2009/10 but the next season after that

It will be interesting to see what he does with Meireles when Gerrard comes back. Until Gerrards injury Meireles was generally being played right wing and having no effact on games…Anyway, as long as Lucas stays fit I still predict a top 3 finish.

I see Ronaldinho is being linked with a move to Liverpool. His contract will be up soon and AC aren’t prepared to renew it. His wage demands will be a stumbling block. Cant see this happening myself.

Hodgson will be gone before the end of the season I think.

The fans have completely turned against him.

They were calling for King kenny last night… :lol:

Lets see if he foisters “digger” on Anfield? He was a disaster at Celtic Park & newcastle before that. Pool fans are 2nd only to the Toon when it comes to over estimating themselves. This current squad are in their correct position, the 2nd place finish a few years ago was much further back from utd than the final table suggested. They had good cup runs in 05-07, nothing to see here really though? When Glen johnson is on 120k a week you know the game is up and rightfully so.

Roy is too classy for that club, I hope he doesn’t do the honourable thing and resign, I’d rather he held out for a pay off but he probably wouldn’t do that to any club.

Good cup run?

Interesting description of winning the European Cup.

I see Liverpool have been linked with Jurgen Klopp today and thankfully we have laughed off the approach.

Klopp has done very well at Dortmund, despite being a figure of fun almost when he was appointed thanks to his media background. Can’t see him leaving that behind to join Liverpool to be honest.

I saw him linked alright but, as you say, not sure if someone managing a team leading the Bundesliga would want to join a club where there is pressure to get immediate results and with question marks over Champions League qualification.

Owen Coyle was linked also. I am in two minds about this. An up and coming manager who plays good football but with no managerial experience at the top level of football (neither had Pep of course). Also, there are some top players at Liverpool whose egos need managing and I wonder how they would take to someone like Coyle joining. Of course you could always just say fuck them.

Eljero Elia linked heavily in the press the last few days. Saw a bit of him for Holland but wouldn’t be in a position to call him. Rocko - how would you rate him?

He’s a decent quick player but not a guy I like for some reason. Don’t like Hamburg, so that’s probably part of it, but he’s a bit inconsistent or peripheral or something - possibly to do with him playing on the periphery.

He destroyed Scotland a year or so ago I think (may be getting games mixed up there) but hasn’t really pushed on since to become an international regular and he’s a prospect, rather than a star, at HSV.

Sounds like another Babel.

Liverpool have made an enquiry to Manchester City for Emmanuel Adebayor, skysports.com understands.

The Togolese star is one of a number of City players who have been linked with a move this January.

The former Arsenal striker is far from being first choice under Roberto Mancini and the imminent arrival of Edin Dzeko will push him further down the pecking order.

Now a host of clubs are making contact with City to register their interest in taking the 26-year-old.

And skysports.com understands that Liverpool are the latest club to express an interest.

However, they are not the only club looking at Adebayor, with Tottenham, West Ham and even Real Madrid linked with a move.

Liverpool would currently only be in the market to take Adebayor on loan given his wages and possible fee, with City unlikely to accept a cut-price deal for a player they paid over ÂŁ25million for just 18 months ago.

But should City allow him to move on loan, then the Anfield club would hope to be in pole position to land him

Would you have him Farmer? :smiley:

This is fucking horrific. So bad in so many ways

Shocking… :angry:

it gets worse…bye woy…

Kenny Dalglish departed as Liverpool manager early in 1991. Just saying like.

Could be Hogson’s St Mirren moment. He doesn’t enjoy the support or confidence of so many fans it’s hard to see him bounce back.

LFC fans joining in with Blackburn fans singing “you’ll be sacked in the morning” to Roy Hodgson

FFS. Gerrard blazes over from the spot with a chance to get back to 3-2. Although it may have been deliberate.

Tis shocking stuff alright, 4pts from the drop zone. I think this weekend will be Roy’s last weekend in charge unless that they truely trash united. The thing is if roy is sacked who do you bring in and is January the right time to do it? Lets face it who ever comes in still has to work with the same shit players that Roy was left with by that other twat Rafa and January is too short a window and we would pay over the odds for the players that we require to turn this season around. We need players in nearly every outfield position on the pitch, you can to do that sort of business in January.

What I think will happen is that Roy will be sacked and King Kenny will be put in the managers position until the end of the season. Towards the end of the season a new manager will be appointed to take over when the season finishes and then they can start clearing out all the shit that Rafa left behind and start getting the players that are needed to get us back to at least being in with a chance to win things. Who knows maybe Carlo will be free in the next couple of weeks. :smiley:

Liverpool have 4 or 5 excellent players when close to top form though(reina, gerrard, torres, skrtel) along with the likes of Agger, Kuyt, Meireles etc and it is easy say that it is the players fault but Hodgeson has them playing a terrible style of football for the most part since he took over where they just seem to stand off teams and lack any kind of defensive structure/shape…I don’t know who but if Liverpool were to get someone in who would at least play positive front foot football they would certainly be far higher up the table, albeit nowhere near tht top 5…I said last summer that someone like slaevn bilic would be perfect for Liverpool as he seems to be a fresh and dynamic young manager who understands the EPL but doubt he would go for it now