Liverpool - not 2009/10 but the next season after that

People go on about Bilic because of one match basically. His record isn’t that great. Failed to qualify for the World Cup and only reached the quarter finals of the European Championship. Fuck all club record to speak of.

Right fair enough so. Would rank Bilic’s achievements way ahead of anything Coyle has achieved thus far though think they are both excellent managers and Liverpool wouldn’t go wrong with either man. Think MON would do well there too.

Hasn’t managed at club level but has done a decent enough job with a relatively young Croatian side, looking like they will qualify for 2012 fairly comfortably…Lost out to Ukraine by a point after Urkaine beat an already qualified England in Kiev for the WC

I wouldn’t, i think Coyle has had a harder job myself, and has improved every side he’s been with.

Croatia’s World Cup campaign was an utter disaster and it’s not as if they were in that tough a group - any other country would have sacked him.

A top South American manager would be a better choice, Carlos Bianchi, Marcelo Bielsa or Alejandro Sabella.

but Croatian play a lovely style of technical attacking football and he is very much a progressive coach in the way he sets his team up and his attitude to the game…Probably doesn’t compare well to Big Sam’s but i know who i would rather have over my team…Wouldn’t be too worried about previous records and experience, Guardiola was a B team coach not too long ago, if liverpool want to rebuild they need a manager with the right mentality far more than experience, Roy’s experince hasn’t counted for much…

What has Coyle done that could rank alongside Bilic bringing Croatia to quarter finals in 08?

lost twice to England and drew with Ukraine twice and won the rest fo their games, they didn’t qualify but hardly a disaster as you put it

The same attitude that got Stan the Irish job back in the day. Selecting a manager is always a gamble and Liverpool need to go for someone a bit zany next time out I reckon.

I would like to see a management duo of Mark Wright and Rob Jones given a shot at the job.

Mick McCarthy has a much better managerial record at international level, a proven record of standing up to trouble making players, his teams play decent football, he has plenty of Premiership experience and yet he’s not mentioned.

I’m utterly puzzled as to why Bilic with no club record to speak of and who finished behind England and Ukraine in WC Qualifying is so often mentioned for these type of jobs.

Stan had zero experience and no clear mentality or approach to the game…Bilic has been managing for 5 years now and his mentality towards the game are clear any time he talks about them and the way he sets up his team…Don’t see how exactly it is the same attitude in appointing himas it was to stan

They lost 4-1 and 5-0 to England. Ukraine are scutter.

As I touted yesterday, Steve Clarke has joined the coaching staff today…

Great addition… He was Mourinho’s right hand man and credited with much of the denfensive work done during that period.

How much would a top coach like Clarke be on?

think he was on close to a million a year at West Ham

He was on serious money at West Ham - around the 1 million a year mark apparently.

:o

I was thinking around 200k!

Profile. I think we should just let Kenny get on with knocking Nottingham Forest off their perch.

He was dubbed the most expensive coach in football or something to that affect… Doubt he was offered that at Liverpool, seeing as he is only backroom .