Living in Dublin

[quote=ā€œmassey ferguson, post: 630583ā€]

life down the country is better fagan
[/quote]Life down the country is miserable and dreary. Devoid of access to arts, education, fine living and essential services. Lads trying to kid themselves that foraging for food in hedgerows is a better life are, well, kidding themselves.

maybe in your part of the woods fagan

Mind me asking what you working at in NY Brian

ā€œBetter armyā€¦ā€

Ah brilliant. :clap: :lol:

i heard hes a gigolo

Iā€™m a service provider to alternative investment funds Daniel. Itā€™s a non-glamorour job but it got me a visa to come here so Iā€™m happy enough. A lot easier than working at home too, less hours, infinitely less stress and pressure.

In your dreams mate.

you ever head out to the burbs tinnion or do you stay in the city all the time?

another back office functionary talking himself up. [quote=ā€œbriantinnion, post: 630590ā€]

Iā€™m a service provider to alternative investment funds Daniel. Itā€™s a non-glamorour job but it got me a visa to come here so Iā€™m happy enough. A lot easier than working at home too, less hours, infinitely less stress and pressure.

In your dreams mate.
[/quote]

Looks like Massey is right

Read between the lines, old man. Heā€™s talking himself down to a ridiculous degree.

[quote=ā€œBandage, post: 630594ā€]

Read between the lines, old man. Heā€™s talking himself down to a ridiculous degree.
[/quote]Yeah right Bando.

How so Fagan? Saying Iā€™m a service providers to these kind of funds is hardly talking it up, itā€™s about as low as you can go in the financial sector. If I had said I ā€œwork in alternative investmentsā€ then yes Iā€™d be talking through my arse.

Have only left the island of mahattan a handful of times in the last few months and that was to go to the MetLife stadium. I meet Irish people who live in Queens and they say there are a couple of great spots out there but I didnā€™t come here to drink in bars that replicate Ireland so Iā€™d have no real interest in going out there.

Most senior people in work live in New Jersey or Connecticut, Iā€™m sure they all have nice houses and the like but I donā€™t know who they face the commute every day. One senior female executive does a two hour commute each way to Princeton, thatā€™s not living. Donā€™t know how she manages to see her kids.

Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?

bleeker and MacDougal some great bars around there

I know. I used to live in the neighborhood.

Try getting a reservation at the Dorsia now you fucking stupid bastard.

:slight_smile: Their early work was a little too new-wave for my taste, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically.

I never read the book but apparently that stuff is in there tenfold. The brother was telling me it was a bizarre read first time round because there are speeches like that which go on for entire pages. The incredibly bland music he chooses makes it all the funnier.

Heā€™s been compared to Elvis Costello but I think Huey has a much more cynical sense of humour.
Yeah, the book has pages of that stuff, itā€™s wonderful.

I lived in Dublin for 2 years and loved it, but thats probablt because I had no committments. I wouldnā€™t live in a city now with a family though. I commute 90 minutes each way to Sydney most days now from a nice regional area, but if I was at home, Iā€™d be living in Bunclody and wouldnā€™t mind commuting to Dublin if needs be.

A lot of my mates who worked / work in Dublin have bought houses back home or close to it for various reasons and most seem genuinely happy they moved back to Wexford, but thats a given with Wexford.

Tinnion certainly seems to know the score.