Local and European election candidates

You don’t think they’ll be hankering to be in charge for Easter 2016?

Of course they will but neither party will give the option I’d say.

I made a lame and last ditch effort to find out more about the candidates running in the South and that was the first thing That popped up about Ni Liada. Also she looks very different on her posters, much younger and chirpier

They already have secured being the Lord mayor for that particular event I assume being the largest party on DCC.

I presume they’ll defer taking the post for a year so they’ll be in situ for 2016.

[QUOTE=“Midshipman Asha, post: 950381, member: 1508”]That’s the type of transfers that drive the pundits wild-. I was following several people on twitter last night utterly perplexed at Paul Murphy’s transfers going to Brian Hayes-
On another note - I have just seen that Liam Cahill is calling one if the Ireland South seats for Hartely on the basis that O’Sullivan and Prendergasts surpluses will go to him due to the Deise factor.
What do you think @Fagan ODowd ?
Other people are saying Diarmuid O’ Flynn (not O’Leary ) is still in with a shout as they feel he will pick up a lot of O’Sullivan’s transfers - I am unsure of this[/QUOTE]
An absolute crock of shit from Cahill.

Was he wearing the cloak of Fianna Fail hack when he came up with that?

Yes. The chain of office of the Locky Byrne Cumann of FF.

Pearse Doherty, who to me is the most impressive sounding TD there is, was on the Last Word yesterday stressing that Sinn Fein believe in left wing politics and would only go into Government with a party who are prepared to share this viewpoint.

Of course come the next election and when Sinn Fein will undoubtedly have the opportunity to go in Government, a lot of these statements could be forgotten about.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 950699, member: 24”]Pearse Doherty, who to me is the most impressive sounding TD there is, was on the Last Word yesterday stressing that Sinn Fein believe in left wing politics and would only go into Government with a party who are prepared to share this viewpoint.

Of course come the next election and when Sinn Fein will undoubtedly have the opportunity to go in Government, a lot of these statements could be forgotten about.[/QUOTE]

Doherty is excellent alright and I think they’ll stand behind this. They’ll shit temselves if they have to go into government.

What active service unit was Pearse Docherty in?

Kelly and Clune elected in Ireland South. We’re stuck with Simon Harris over here now.

We all will.

Matt Carthy going buck ape there in Castlebar upon making the quota.

@Bandage how do feel about paying 62% income tax come 2016?

Nice to put something back in after all the rewards I suppose.

I am half thinking of staying put on the corporate ladder when I weigh it all up.

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 950761, member: 686”]@Bandage how do feel about paying 62% income tax come 2016?

I am half thinking of staying put on the corporate ladder when I weigh it all up.[/QUOTE]

What?

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 950761, member: 686”]@Bandage how do feel about paying 62% income tax come 2016?

I am half thinking of staying put on the corporate ladder when I weigh it all up.[/QUOTE]

countries with higher taxes have a better standard of living and people are happier

@Bandage only takes the average industrial wage. He gives the rest to the cause.

Bandage is in the Ra.

Harkin 2,586 ahead of Pat the Cope (+34k from Byrne). Carthy’s surplus 5,756 to decide final seat. Looking like Harkin by a short head…

Not only have Sinn Féin dominated the voting, they have completely dominated the celebrations too.

This was Carthy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=991BrKv6hcU

Ní Riada’s was superb - particularly the rendition of Mo Ghile Mear from 2 minutes on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A-uDgwO6_M

[QUOTE=“glasagusban, post: 950770, member: 1533”]@Bandage only takes the averse industrial wage. He gives the rest to the cause.

Bandage is in the Ra.[/QUOTE]

You’re mixing things up Glas. Bando is not in Sinn Féin = (salary protected), but is in the Ra. A win/win all round for the legend.