Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

I heard that every pound you lose takes a second off your pace per mile. I was almost two stone lighter when I was at my peak fitness.

fuck me

i wouldnt be surprised at all. that said, looking back, id need to knock 2 mins off my current pace per km to reach my best pace since i turned 40. lbs will only account 20 seconds of that

1 Like

I’ll have to get back to my weight age 14 so

I’d agree absolutely. I was chatting to Claire about it this morning, and reckon once you start pushing yourself you start hitting your joints more. My legs do be sore for two or tree days after, so they do.

Poll for categories for the 10km closes in half an hour. Just eleven votes so far:

Here’s the leaderboard going into the weekend. I won’t get to it again until Monday. Please tag me when you post a time as it will make it easier to find.

I think we should expand the senior ranks the next time around though. @Gavrilo-Princip and @Fat_Pox are agonisingly close. It would also save @TreatyStones the humiliation of relegation (by default). Likewise @count_of_monte_crist and @Juhniallio could be considered for promotion to Premier Intermediate, as they both were within 30 seconds of promotion. I’ll take the forum’s feelings on that before Monday.

I’d also suggest that for the times, it shouldn’t necessarily be a case of just going double the time of the 5km. While lads should be fitter, 10km is a long run for some lads here. So perhaps, something like double +1 or 2 mins (so Senior becomes Sub 41/42) - any take on this lads? @fenwaypark @Wexford1996 @backinatracksuit

Three runners to still register times this weekend - @Wexford1996 and @Tassotti in the Seniors, @Crutches in Senior B (apologies if I have missed yer times), with @Batigol sidelined through injury. Have a good weekend running lads. I’m looking forward to hitting the mountains and not looking at the road shoes for another week.

Senior Sub 20
fenwaypark 19’17
backinatracksuit 19’25
Wexford1996
R TreatyStones 20’26
Tassotti
**Senior B Sub 23**
@Gavrilo-Princip 20’26
@Fat_Pox 20’30
PhattPike 22’37
Mac 22’42
Caulifloweredneanderthal 22’49
FlattyandMatty 22’56
Crutches
**Premier Intermediate Sub 25**
P @ Loko_Cove 21’25
P @ alf_stewart 21’33
@RaymondCrotty 23’46
@Fran 24’23
@Locke 24’23
@Gman 24’43
R @Julio_Geordio 28’22
Intermediate Sub 28
P TheUlteriorMotive 23’33
Count_of_monte_crist 25’09
@ Juhniallio 25’26
@Spidey 25’53
Ralphie 26’08
@Thomas_Brady 26’19
@ Bandage 26’33
**Junior A Sub 32**
Jahan 28’53
R @mikehunt 32’04
**Junior B Sub 35**
@Biff_Egan 33’00
**Walkers 35+**
P @ artfoley 32’04
@ Batigol DNS
8 Likes

Sub 42mins for 10k is a good goal for senior.

2 Likes

Am I promoted or have I been leapfrogged by a treacherous @artfoley from the walking division?

That’s what I had in mind, but great to get approval from the proper running lads. Thanks mate.

1 Like

You would have had to go under 32 to get promoted mate. But I think we will make one ‘super Junior’ division.

Cool. As prestigious as being a super junior Minister.

1 Like

You’ll be the Jack Chambers on TFK…

@Bandage in the relegation zone in Intermediate. He’s in danger of going down to Junior :eek:

Edit: He’s sub 28 mins so he stays up :slight_smile:

:smiley:

I’ll have one more crack before COB sunday and see if i can shave a few more seconds off

1 Like

Hammer sore today after yesterday’s run :disappointed:… I might still get out Sunday but unlikely. My physio cant squeeze me in till Monday… He’s a big oaf of a fella and has a great way of getting into that tender spot in glute area with his elbow to work out that trigger point. All 6ft 2 and 16stone of him pushing down into your glute

I’d say you might need to split some of us in the Senior B. The lads on 21 mins could easily be aiming for sub 45. Those of us closer to 23 would probably do well to break 48.

Sure the top lads in Senior will be going for sub 40s, so will be a few minutes faster than the slower lads. I’d have to go all out to make 48, with my current fitness levels. I’d say all levels will be double +2

Yeah that sounds fair. Maybe every lad should have a personal goal to hit twice their 5km time +2 mins regardless of their classification? Let everyone work it out for themselves and group the lads based on some kind of range.

Proposed Categories March 10km Challenge
Senior - Sub 42 mins
Senior B - Sub 48
Premier Intermediate - Sub 52
Intermediate - Sub 58
Super Junior - Sub 66.

Any motions to change can be sent to @Locke. Otherwise I’ll take a proposer and seconder from the floor