Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Anyone on the Irish Life Benefit health plans, remember you get ā‚¬50 back for buying a new Garmin

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard great things about this belt, but itā€™s pricy and hard to find.

Iā€™ve never ordered from runnerinn.com so donā€™t know is it reputable or not

My suunto still wonā€™t connect so Iā€™m going to buy a Garmin.
I need two recommendations
A. A chape one which will show Strava on here.
B. An expensive one which will play Amazon music as well.
Please :pray:

A- the cheap one. Youā€™re gonna lose the fucking cable anywayā€¦

No I need two examples of which to buy

1 Like

Iā€™d steer clear of wrist HR but I think this is cheapest Garmin on market

Iā€™m sure youā€™d find better prices online away from buying directly from Garmin

Would you carry your phone in that when youā€™re running? Iā€™m use to an arm strap and have a Nike running belt that I put my keys in, if needed.

Yes, my phone is in there, a house key on a clip, and if Iā€™m going out for a long run Iā€™ll take some sweets or gel

But it can carry much more comfortably if you need to

1 Like

Arm strap broke last week so might just try this instead of buying another one.

so just your fastest 10k in March then is it?

Yup

Yesā€¦ Be honest with your level cc @TheUlteriorMotiveā€¦ And then youā€™ll be given a sub time to beat. I presume youā€™d be around sub 52 mins? Then youā€™ll be trying to beat otherā€™s in that same categoryā€¦ But as always, youā€™re only racing yourself.

I surprised myself to be honest. That was the first 5km Iā€™ve ran since June. In fairness I did take it seriously so I was running 3km 4 or 5 days a week for February.

The 10km is another step up mentally, physically and emotionally.

Arraā€¦ Once lads are out doing a bit it doesnā€™t matter a fuck.

2 Likes

True. Only for here Iā€™d never have gone back out running. Now Iā€™m out buying belts to run in.

1 Like

yeah, anything around that, iā€™ll aim for sub 50 to push myself, iā€™ll have to research a nice routeā€¦

This thread has been infiltrated by corporate overlords Big Watch, Big Shoe and Big Belt, who are preying on middle aged men with too much disposal income.

5 Likes

Is this the only positive thread in tfk history?

3 Likes

every cunt has a watch or ā€œwearableā€ these days, fuckers can barley strap the thing onto their engorged wrists, and go around like it is a badge of fitnessā€¦absolute bluffers

Itā€™s akin to the ā€œlivestrongā€ phase of the 2000s, a crime which i was guilty ofā€¦