Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

No I need two examples of which to buy

1 Like

Iā€™d steer clear of wrist HR but I think this is cheapest Garmin on market

Iā€™m sure youā€™d find better prices online away from buying directly from Garmin

Would you carry your phone in that when youā€™re running? Iā€™m use to an arm strap and have a Nike running belt that I put my keys in, if needed.

Yes, my phone is in there, a house key on a clip, and if Iā€™m going out for a long run Iā€™ll take some sweets or gel

But it can carry much more comfortably if you need to

1 Like

Arm strap broke last week so might just try this instead of buying another one.

so just your fastest 10k in March then is it?

Yup

Yesā€¦ Be honest with your level cc @TheUlteriorMotiveā€¦ And then youā€™ll be given a sub time to beat. I presume youā€™d be around sub 52 mins? Then youā€™ll be trying to beat otherā€™s in that same categoryā€¦ But as always, youā€™re only racing yourself.

I surprised myself to be honest. That was the first 5km Iā€™ve ran since June. In fairness I did take it seriously so I was running 3km 4 or 5 days a week for February.

The 10km is another step up mentally, physically and emotionally.

Arraā€¦ Once lads are out doing a bit it doesnā€™t matter a fuck.

2 Likes

True. Only for here Iā€™d never have gone back out running. Now Iā€™m out buying belts to run in.

1 Like

yeah, anything around that, iā€™ll aim for sub 50 to push myself, iā€™ll have to research a nice routeā€¦

This thread has been infiltrated by corporate overlords Big Watch, Big Shoe and Big Belt, who are preying on middle aged men with too much disposal income.

5 Likes

Is this the only positive thread in tfk history?

3 Likes

every cunt has a watch or ā€œwearableā€ these days, fuckers can barley strap the thing onto their engorged wrists, and go around like it is a badge of fitnessā€¦absolute bluffers

Itā€™s akin to the ā€œlivestrongā€ phase of the 2000s, a crime which i was guilty ofā€¦

Itā€™s a breath of fresh air around here. Lads pushing lads, virtual high fives left right and centre. Magical stuff.

6 Likes

FOGRA

If you intend to do the 10km Lockdown Run Challenge this month please like this post. It will do two things:

1. Let me know who is interested in competing so that I can set up an excel sheet and share/update the times during the month and
  2. Get me a nice reply.

Thank you

cc. @caulifloweredneanderthal

23 Likes

Any thread @Joe_Player put up was a positive.

1 Like

I dont mind it to be honest. I bought one for my aul lad. He took to getting out walking a lot more when the first lockdown started and he wanted a way to track his steps and distance, so got him a relatively cheap one just to tick him over so that he had something keeping count and it helped push him on a bit every week to make sure he kept his step count up. He since has kept it on all the time as it helps notify him when his phone rings or he gets a message and he wouldnt hear it half the time! Obviously there are a load of cunts out there wearing them as a fad or whatever, but if they do more good for people, then its not a bad thing.