Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

This is where we are at as with who is in after a day of the month. @pulpfiction, let me know what time you’re expecting to run, thanks.

No wonder you are always hurt :grinning:

2 Likes

Loads of money spent on physio bills when €80 on a proper running shoe would have sorted it all.

2 Likes

I’m in mate

1 Like

Running shoes are only a cod. I’d love to run barefoot…

Out pounding the tarmac with his feet over and over again in a pair of purple slippers.

He’s trying to fit in with the local eccentric types

Get those shoes with the toes on them. Saw a lad running in them a few years back. Would freak you out, so they would.

Xavier next door ran some night mountain race over in France in a pair of sandals of some description. He’s ran some of the trails over here barefoot

a huarache type job?

I haven’t a clue tbh

You want something like these mate.

That’s a running shoe tho.

I’ll see what they’re going for on AliExpress

Find a nice grass running track and it’s a lovely thing to do - to run barefoot. A few sprints in bare feet will make you feel alive in ways you never thought possible.

2 Likes

youd want your head examined to be getting vibram fivefingers

Study: Vibram FiveFingers Lead to Greater Risk of Foot Bone Injury | Runner’s World

Vibram in $3.75m settlement over false health claims - BBC News

they are only a cod

1 Like

Get yourself a running shoe, you’re pure mad doing mileage in those Adidas, you’re asking for injury, there’s no cushion at all for your joints.
A nice cushioned support shoe as you’re naturally gonna carry some heft, jaysus if you’re 10.5 UK I could post you a couple of pairs barely worn (over 100e a pair) I don’t wear support shoes anymore

“arent i some man to be doing the running I’m doing in a pair of adidas gazelles”

Baloney

Garmin forerunner and shite shoes… i dont buy it.

1 Like

I got the Garmin for nearly nothing… Amazon warehouse are great to buy from, they always offer defective goods and it’s usually just the packaging that’s damaged… You can get £20-40 off high end goods… I was also an employee of Amazon up to recently so had a discount. Think I got £80 off in total.

1 Like

I can confirm that @Thomas_Brady’s running attire is a pair of GAA shorts, black suit socks, adidas gazelles and a Saw Doctors tee shirt

10 Likes