Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

one of these days flatty something you do will be straightforward and with no complications. I hope im still alive to see that day!

He’s not happy unless there’s drama involved somewhere

1 Like

arrah fuck ye all, I may do a 10k at the weekend now, id imagine the best idea would be to have a good bit of booze on Saturday night and then get up and go at it.

haven’t done a 10k in a year and I was plodding back then, I am sure I can dig into the reservoir of disdain I carry for all of you

have a 1k time trial to do tomorrow so I’ll see how the body is after that…

10 Likes

This is quite beautifully put. Tfk at it’s finest.

3 Likes

We’re moving to the 10th to 12th September 2021!

Hi Boss

Having reviewed the UK Government’s roadmap out of Lockdown we have concluded that the original dates of 21-23 May are too close to the earliest first date for the resumption of major events.

The earliest possible date for events of our type is 17 May and it would be irresponsible to press ahead with preparations to hold a full-scale festival starting only four days later and disappoint our customers twice, nor do we want our visitors to experience a watered down event.

With support from our sponsors, exhibitors and local stakeholders, we have made the difficult decision to move the festival back a few months to the 10th - 12th September 2021. We hope that everyone who has already booked a place will join us for a celebration of the outdoors in our stunning and safe outdoor setting.

We hope that you are able to stick with us and roll your entries over to our new September dates and we can’t wait to see you all!

What do you need to do next?

All bookings from the 2020 Keswick Mountain Festival have already been rolled forward to May 2021, and these will automatically be rolled over again to the new September dates.

Similarly, all new bookings made for May 2021 will be rolled over to the new September dates. Therefore, anyone who has already made a booking will not need to do anything.

Ticket holders who cannot attend on the new dates should email info@keswickmountainfestival.co.uk by 31 March 2021, to be issued with a full refund (less booking fee). From 1 April, standard terms and conditions will apply to refunds*.

We’re a small team processing everything as quickly as we can but please give us 10 working days to respond to emails.

Thank you for your support at this difficult time.

Team KMF

Postponed if you fancy it?

1 Like

I was mildly surprised by this I must say 🤷

1 Like

I was abseiling in Keswick as a youth. The Geordie instructor hurled both rocks and racial slurs at me. Unreal!

1 Like

Unrale good or unrale bad?

:eyes: comes a week after my ‘A’ target race for 2021 happens in Kerry, so I’ll see what happens with that over the summer

I’ve a Garmin Vivoactive 4 being delivered today.

I will review my findings when I get home.

8 Likes

It’s the only thing that gets me out running at all.

1 Like

Are we running 10k or 5k?

I’m going to do my maiden run tomorrow so I’ll do the 5k.

Is that a support shoe?
The Kayano is offering serious support, you might miss it if you’re running in a neutral shoe

The monthly challenges were:
February Fast Five Kilometres
March Madness Ten Kilometres

But to quote the dearly departed forum member @Flano…do your own thing.

I ordered that watch last night too. I’ve got an email saying the order has been despatched but no idea when it’ll arrive.

1 Like

ive 3 sets of trainers at the mo:

Id generally use the kayanos when im starting off training and then move onto the adidas when im upping the distance.

the kayanos feel dead now, and there’s not really a lot of support in them

There’s also a very useful app on it that helps you monitor your period cycle.

cc @Thomas_Brady

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Are you ok to talk about periods now?

1 Like

Handy spin… I’ll deffo need a couple more runs to build up the sea legs.

11 Likes

Watch all set up now.

Looks like it was the 4s I got which is actually smaller but I have nice dainty wrists anyway so it probably suits me better.

I have my Spotify connected along my Bullet earbuds.

Playlist is:

Fatboy - Right Here Right Now
Kanye - Power
Tom Petty - Learning to Fly
Oasis - Bring it on Down
Gary Og - Willie and Danny
Goldfrapp - Number 1

Haven’t figured out the period cycle app yet but it mentions something about sticking your thumb up your hole.

1 Like