Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

I’ve ran 2’57 twice. I think I could probably get close to it this year. I’m very fit at the moment but would need to increase the mileage a good bit to get marathon fit.

3 Likes

There’s bits of these uphills where you need to use your hands. Walking won’t be a problem.

2 Likes

That’s serious motoring horse.

1 Like

They fucked up the marking a few years ago at Belfast lads and the course was an extra 5/600 metres.

No road races for me this year if I can help it.

Hopefully a couple of trail and fell races. Might try some of the evening IMRA/ NIMRA (these would be closer to me) short races if they go ahead.

Then Sept - November, there are a few longer things I’m casting an eye towards (Kerry Way Lite, EcoTrail Wicklow, Run The Line, etc.).

All that depends on what goes ahead.

2 Likes

Expecting big things from you :facepunch::facepunch:

Funny you should mention it because I noticed on the route map on their website that the distance is noted as 26.9 miles.

Yikes, so a tad bit more than I had it at.

I think there was a year where people turned the corner expecting to be done and realised they still had a bit of a gallop left.

1 Like

I remember back in 2014 when I got into the bit of fitness I was cycling. My first 100km route was the Upperchurch sportif. Sure I was tipping along grand and then there’s a bit of a drag at Dolla, but when that was over I said we’re nearly done. When I hit 100km, I knew I was not in Upperchurch. Twas another 6km or so to the finish and it nearly killed me :rofl:

1 Like

Hate that. My first big sportive was 10 years ago and the Tour de Cure. It was billed as 160k, think it was 172k for a finish. It was my first time over 100k the same day. They used to hold it on this weekend actually, too early in the year for that kind of mileage.

1 Like

Nice idea this (run a looped marathon from your house, including whatever hills and mountains are in the way). The main lad in it is quite posh, and his pal on the bike is very very posh

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CNu5fNHK_KO/

1 Like

I’ll bate you running backwards you bollix.

1 Like

Forgot my watch this morning :roll_eyes:

You can ask whoever put that on Strava to add you to the run so you’ll get the data in your name as well.

2 Likes

How do they do that??

Inviting a Friend to your Activity – Strava Support

1 Like

Went for a 10km last week, had a look at the 1km splits after not breaking the 60 minute target. First km was 7:20, next 3 were just over the 6 minute mark then a 7:53 and back down to a 6 minute. Track I use is in a forest and it’s relatively flat and my pace wasn’t that different. I did a 5km on a cycle track nearby at the weekend to see am I actually that fucking fat and slow. My first km was timed at 4:51, the rest weren’t as quick but were all under 5:30. I have a Garmin.

I went out for a slow 6k on my break just to get some air and it turned into a 10k — I went under the mythical 55 minute mark for the first time in 10 years, up your bollix @artfoley

54:44

14 Likes

im not seeing any evidence!