Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

If you have a treadmill @Fran, then itā€™s a decent purchase considering all the other junk that can be bought for treadmills or virtual runs

https://www.zwift.com/shop/product/zwift-runpod

I was just looking at the website there, if I had a treadmill itā€™d be a no brainer considering the running pod is cheap enough. The price of some of the cycling stuff though :eek:

ā‚¬15 / month for membership then

Yeah the cycling stuff is insane but itā€™s apparently as good as being out for a cycle. I think there is a hack where you can use the running pod on a bike. You have to manage your own resistance but itā€™s probably a better way to do it unless youā€™re a cycling fanatic.

Who is the happy looking chap standing by either a lake or flood fielded who gave me a follow on Strava this morning? Is it you @Gman?

1 Like

Iā€™ll have to go back to the Walkers group for the 5km Iā€™d say going by this pace but on plus side nearly halfway to the monthly elevation @Mac

6 Likes

I cycled up the alpe dHuez this morning on zwift and passed a couple of lads running. I thought that must be it.

1 Like

5 mins slow
15 mins @ 4:10 (ish) pace
4km back home then at @ 5:10
9km total

6 Likes

Iā€™m considering trying the half at this thing but suspect Iā€™ll be biting off more than I can chew :pleading_face:
Fancy giving it a dig ?

Thatā€™s some elevation gain, donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever did much more than 600.

Iā€™d say weā€™d have a cracking race that could be pay per view on TFK,

Youā€™d be the peopleā€™s favourite but Iā€™d beat you narrowly

A post that could only be made by a Corkman

10 Likes

:grinning:

What gave it away?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve done more but not in a run of that short.

1 Like

Jaysus Iā€™d love to. Iā€™d eye up the 50km.

Not this year though. Wouldnā€™t get over.

A few trips on the fells this year and youā€™d be absolutely fine.

Ah youā€™d be able to do the half handy enough surely?

Itā€™ll hardly be on though?

I think Iā€™m on course to go sub 20 by the end
of the month based on that run today now. Felt pretty good.

3 Likes

Ya, youā€™re flying it if youā€™re knocking out 15 mins at 4:10 without much trouble,

Iā€™m currently running 4:20 without pushing myself, not doing enough of it but Iā€™m concentrating on longer stuff and putting big milage in the legs

Similar to that I feel that a 19:30 is very achievable , Iā€™d say weā€™re well matched over 5k.

Next year, come over and weā€™ll do it (you can do 50 if you want. Fcuk that)

1 Like

Dunno. Maybe.