Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Theyā€™ve been open all along, since about September,

Grand. Havenā€™t been up that way in a while. I might go in there when Iā€™m trying to up the pace. The knees arenā€™t able for the road

1 Like

Good to see you taking my advice. Will do you the world of good.

Youā€™ll be lying on the wooden floor watching the Super Bowl youā€™ve bolloxed your back that much trying to impress the INTERNET.
You mug

2 Likes

Struggled to a 22.50 earlier today at lunch while I tried to run my frustrations at a morning schedule of meetings about talking about aligning synergies towards achieving our goals through the medium of further meetings to talk about maybe doing some work out of my system.

Tuesday evening I was doing squats and lunges and raises and things and the legs still felt fairly heavy, but powering through to be disappointed with a sub 23 is a grand enough place to be at this time of year.

7 Likes

Is there no walkway around the GAA pitch or something similar that you could do intervals on?

Thatā€™s a good reminder. Tara Rocks have one I think. Cheers

1 Like

Same average pace as me earlier. You petty, vindictive, little creep.

2 Likes

Sorry, this is the 5k thread, not the 4.38k thread. You can comment when you reach the target goal.

6 Likes

:flushed::smiley::smiley::smiley:
I did 14k this morning. Got absolutely soaked and absolutely frozen. Poor oul Claire looked like sheā€™d been pulled out after the Titanic.

1 Like

Iā€™m up to 3.2k now despite getting impeded by a dog a la Father Neil Horan vs Wanderlei Lima on multiple occasions.

2 Likes

Did 150m runs at 3.30 or so pace and then 100m walk. Took me near 34 mins to do 20 of them for a 5k total. I was more bollixed after that than for any other 5k Iā€™ve done this year. Granted, it was on a pitch, raining and in my football boots, but the initial intention was to jog between each run but that went out the door very early on! Iā€™ll try get out for a road 5k tomorrow, Iā€™m like Sheffield Utd here in a battle to avoid relegation.

4 Likes

That sort of a session will stand to you more than you realise. It must be some width of a pitch to get 100m across though

Lads are taking the 5km very seriously this time :grimacing:

My training routine will continue to be a short run or two during the week, depending on my schedule and a longer trail run on Sundays. Iā€™ll just give the 5km a lash some day then

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s probably closer to 90 wide than 100, so the long runs that bit more, but thereabouts really. Just a tiny bit over 250m on each circuit so worked out well for distance.

Iā€™ll need to cut down on the mileage considerably before I think about going very fast
Iā€™ll have over80k done this week, mostly slow stuff

1 Like

Whatā€™s the story with those virtual runs @Mac?

Was given a little Zwift yoke you put on a runner. It detects your speed when running on a treadmill then puts a route on tablet screen. It breaks up the monotony of a treadmill run as you can see scenery changing. I was trying it out for a speed type session today but the Bluetooth connection kept dropping so thats why it shows as 3 runs.

Sounds good, running on a threadmill can be torturous. Is it not a bit of a pain trying to follow if on a tablet though? Be better on a big screen?

Ah ideally better on a big screen but tablet I have sits nicely in front of me on the treadmill so works fine. All youā€™re looking for is some kind of distraction to take your attention away from the fact your just pounding away on a stationary machine

2 Likes