Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Youā€™re right.

@Julio_Geordioā€™s effort hit me hard earlier.

Iā€™m gonna get out early myself tomorrow and see how much over 5k I can goā€¦ I havenā€™t run more than 5 k since last September Iā€™d say.

Iā€™ll be home about six (6) pm.
Iā€™ll be sure to keep you fully abreast of developments.
Cc @Fran

1 Like

#marginalgains

8 Likes

Youā€™ll do it, youā€™d be amazed how much you can coax out of yourself to claim a victory on the internet.

Good run today @Mac, you looked pure thrilled with yourself :grinning:
Should a night run be run at night?

My sole aim is to beat @backinatracksuit. I want to remain the fastest corkman on the forum.

16 Likes

I was happy I found shelter! It should be at night alright but sure itā€™s all mixed up this year. The actual route goes by door and I couldnā€™t face running it with that wind. Just a case of trying to get 5km done and judge the pace some bit right. Fell away again towards the end so still to work on the pace.

1 Like

Well you know my advice, run as fast as you can out the gate and fuel yourself with internet slights :+1:

2 Likes

I think I need the fear of it being my last run of the month to unlock the stubborn ignorance in me

Thatā€™s lovely :smiley:

Youā€™ll get it done mate. 9 days to go :muscle:

1 Like

I can see Fenway doing a load of runs that he hides off Strava during the week before publishing one at 10pm on Sunday night knowing @backinatracksuit will be tucked up in bed with no phone

3 Likes

Honestly, I wasnā€™t really rested for yesterdayā€™s run, I might have another 20 seconds in me but going to the well like that is what I figure child birth to be like, you need to leave a bit of time to forget before you go again.

I donā€™t think itā€™s possible to go under 19 at the moment, if I have a target over 19 minutes flat on Sunday week Iā€™ll give it a lash, but I think @fenwaypark will be below that, @Wexford1996 is in a different league, @TreatyStones has it in him Iā€™d say, maybe he doesnā€™t believe it himself

1 Like

Im nowhere sub 19 at the moment. That is just being honest. I will give it a lash to beat your time on a fair 5km. I wont be running downhill.

1 Like

Scroll up to the red bull link I posted above.

This is not the TFK way fenners :smiley:

2 Likes

There is a great sense of achievement doing a quick 5k however you are in the red zone throughout. You feel physically terrible after.

Personally I far prefer the longer distances. Did my quickest 10k time in ages today. I really enjoyed the run throughout and never felt the pain/burn youā€™d get in the 5k pursuit. Maybe I wasnā€™t pushing myself hard enough :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Get you onto our strava club.

Thatā€™s a clamping

4 Likes

The 5 is tough but no matter what distance you race if you do it right you should finish barely able to take another step, (ignore me @fenwaypark, :grinning:)

Iā€™d be used to fairly big mileage so Iā€™d be recovered from a 5k within a minute or 2, but the last kilometre was lung bursting alright

1 Like

I agree with that but you need to go out at a pace you can sustain for 5k. If you go out at mile pace you will die a death. Training tells you what pace you are capable of. I could go out and run 1st mile at 5.50 pace but I cant sustain that at moment. I should be capable of holding 6.10 to 6.15 pace. I will be wrecked at the end.

1 Like