Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

At my age, the warm up and the stretching have me half knackered.
Go straight at it.

1 Like

Fucking lovely day for a run on the hills lads. More discovering of a few new trails and scoping out a few bits n pieces to see how things connect. Winter has been spent trying to tick off as many peaks and trails and hopefully it’ll pay off in the spring/summer when we know where we are going and can clip along at a quicker pace. Less water and muck to wade through will be helpful.

I’m definitely gonna be logging into lockdown drinking thread later

4 Likes

I was out on the bike. Nippy enough but no rain.

Beautiful day here on Costa del Cooley

1 Like

Same.

I’m going to do 4 x 500ml later
And maybe a 50ml cool down

4 Likes

I like the sound of that :beer::beer::beer::beer::tumbler_glass:

I did a cool down today. I’d say I hadn’t a km sub 6 minutes nearly the whole way down (just too technical and wet to achieve that). The last two km we hit a bit of fire road and then actual road, so I wanted to stretch the legs and express myself (finished at a 4’08 pace, downhill of course). The French lad was fucked, so I had to walk back to him so that’s my cool down sorted. Was tempted to jump in the river for a proper cool down after.

1 Like

#inchbyinch

14 Likes

A 22.37 today, struggling to make any improvement at all at the moment on where I was 4 weeks ago, which is very frustrating. I’ve been feeling heavy in the legs doing a 5km lately, so did a warm-up and stretch beforehand this morning, not entirely sure it made any real difference.

One more week to try and get back closer to the 22 min mark.

6 Likes

I’d bite your hand off for that time at the moment.

You’ll definitely make the 5km next weekend. We believe in you

1 Like

I mentally broke you

2 Likes

The last 100m was like Sian Welch vs Wendy Ingraham. Had to channel the spirit of Rafa’s men in Istanbul to make it to the line.

5 Likes

Hon Biff

1 Like

Tried to give it another go today, started off very comfortable but turned into a gale after about 500m. Started to feel the pinch after about 1.5km and packed it in after about 2.5km. My HR was up around 170 nearly straight away, assume that had something to do with it.

This will either stand to me or I’ll be in a lúbán in the morning. Lovely day for it.

14 Likes

I was looking at your route, it’s mad how much of the south side you need to cover to go 10 miles.
Good going

1 Like

By April I’ll be logging 4.6814 km jogs punctuated by chocolate croissants and coffee.

2 Likes

Great work @Locke

1 Like

Excellent effort you Kilkenny bolox

2 Likes