Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

I should bring my phone I spose. I might wait for the 10. The 5 last time was bad on the knees.
Iā€™ll take my relegation on the chin.

I have an idea for you. Just run 5km as fast as you can, and then tell us how long it took you.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the make of the watch? Iā€™m going to make sure you get a charger for that thing

Pathetic.

@flattythehurdler is making a mockery of this compā€¦ Heā€™s stalling until his piss is clean, we all know it.

1 Like

I have one on the way (I hope)
Iā€™ll keep you updated.
Regularly updated.

Hand back the all stars if this is a thing.

When I win wan I will.

1 Like

Interesting article here.

Setback today. Blew up after 3.3k. A heavy workload in my legs in recent days by my standards.

We go again Wednesday :muscle:

No stopping Wednesday until 5kā€¦ Youā€™ve a few days then to beat that timeā€¦ Which you will.

22:42 for the 5k @caulifloweredneanderthal

Put a big asterix beside it if you want given the downhill. I just needed to mentally get through the 23 barrier. Iā€™ll do another effort later in the week on a flat route having finally found one

17 Likes

Get someone to drop you 5k from the house. No stopping then

Thereā€™s a nice downhill route Iā€™m eyeing up if I need to pull out all the stops.

Well done Mac. Happy to give that the magical tenth like

1 Like

If youā€™re not going for speed, donā€™t bother with downhill. The temptation will be to go nice and fast down that hill but you could go and blow a gasket doing that. Get something flat and horse into it

Like Neil Lennonā€™s inspirational weekend comments where he said he wanted to make the huns play as many games as possible in order to seal the title (before promptly losing to Ross County), I now want to force my Intermediate foes to go again.

I set out this morning with no intention of posting a time. But I felt very good early on and thought Iā€™d go for it. However, I then got caught trying to cross the main road (cc NPHET) to get towards the park and lost all momentum.

It was only afterwards I thought to myselfā€¦why didnā€™t you just keep running up the road on your side until there was a break in traffic? You could have crossed, then doubled back down and off on the original route you wanted. It all would have counted towards the 5km. Why did you just stop for 25 seconds to watch the cars? You thick fuck.

So Iā€™ll keep that in mind later in the week. I could also do a light warm up jaunt to the park and run the actual parkrun route either. There wonā€™t be any traffic issues then.

6 Likes

15 Likes

Ooooooft. @Thomas_Bradyā€™s kettle bell has just taken a chip out of the floor boards reading that! Great running @Spidey

3 Likes

Great running palā€¦ Not sure Iā€™ll better it, my hammer is still sore ā€¦ Iā€™ll hopefully get one run in this week.

1 Like