Lockdown Drinking Thread - obsolete

And the former Harp brewery is now a big distillery

Who is in that - Teelings? The old Cherrys brewery in Waterford is now the Waterford Whiskey distillery.

It is, yeah. I’d say they’re doing a lot of their Cooley Distillery stuff there (although they still have the distillery out in Cooley as well)

I think McArdles is being brewed in Dundalk again. It was moved up to Newry about twenty years ago but I think it was moved back a few years ago.

1 Like

I’ve never had a pint bottle of McCardles. Is it owned by Diageo?

Did you ever drink a bottle of Phoenix?

No, nor Stag

Yes that was another that came to mind. Holsten Pils as well

2 Likes

Neither have I and I’ve been tempted to pick up a pint bottle a few times up here. Think it’s under Diageo and brewed at SJ’sG now actually (my earlier info might be incorrect). Might pick up a bottle at weekend and report back

On the Two Trees Vodka and 7up here.

Tis like being back in college :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Attention. Attention.

Guinness Dark and Lively bottles are extremely gassy and may lead to a tremendous display of territorial marking the day after consumption.

I had a scatter of them yesterday and am firing on all cylinders today. Just drinking some more now to gather more data.

5 Likes

Thank you Paddy Power

@Loko_Cove

8 Likes

For a lad who doesn’t like drinking at home or gambling you do okay.

1 Like

I’d always have a hugh at home… I wouldn’t get drunk tho. The more civilized among actually enjoy the taste of a drink.

What you make of that Trouble Brewing stuff? Got a couple of cans of it a while back in a Tesco and thought it was well daycent but it can be hard to find.

That particular one is lovely… It was in my local O’Brien’s at Christmas and hasn’t been in again till this week. I must try more of their range.

1 Like

I think I’ve had the Sabotage IPA and I think I actually preferred the Ambush Pale Ale but it’s been a while.

1 Like

waheey

3 Likes

the salt was for this unreal leek and potato soup she made there

we are bohs…BOHS!!
we re indestructible
alwaaays belieeevinggg

ffs @Sledgehammer