Lockdown Drinking Thread - obsolete

Red lager

2 Likes

Nicely poured

1 Like

What is that like ???

Why not says ya…

1 Like

I don’t think it goes to revenue - it goes to supplier or shop - they can’t sell below a certain price. Be some treks to Newry now by lads.

Biggest price difference will be slabs of cans which will be 2 euro a can . A bottle of spirits minimum would be 21 euro

1 Like

Will this affect the craft beers at all, priced at 350+ a go already

No us hipsters will be in the clear. Might make it more attractive for people to drink them even.

It’s us regular lager drinkers that are, as usual, being targeted here.

Your average 8 can a night fella is screwed

7 Likes

Lads will embrace quality over quantity.**
No bad thing.

** they won’t

1 Like

Can’t you import large enough quantities without any hassle ? On a few occasions I’ve bought 8 bottles of rum in supermarket in Spain for €13 each and sent them home at a cost of 50 quid for the service … the fancy off licences here would charge €30 to €40 for one bottle …my mate does the same with vinho verde form Portugal ,works out even cheaper …

1 Like

It’s not decided yet. I’m pretty certain bulk of increase will go to revenue

If the bulk of the additional cost goes to revenue, and it encourages people to drink less at home or to drink in pubs/clubs/restaurants instead of at home, isn’t that possibly a good thing for the country overall?

That’s the thinking I guess

Makes sense to me.

Grand evening for a few cans of cider.

2 Likes

The risk is it will go like the fags and will drive a black market

Post reported.

Disgusting

Might be a good thing for the country but not for the poor fellow on the breadline who now can’t even afford a few cans.

2 Likes

“Go like the fags”

Homophobia alive and well it seems

1 Like