Lockdown Drinking Thread - obsolete

No.

It’s very smooth.

Superb combo _ Danno with chaser

19 Likes

Sublime
 A forgotten treasure from my more youthful days.

A favourite combination of my long deceased grandfather, he last drew breath in 1992

1 Like

And a proper whiskey glass. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Happy to give that the all important 10th like.

1 Like

I knew you’d appreciate the Danno. You’re a gent (despite what lads say about you). :+1:

About last night

5 Likes

Did you ever throw the last little drop of whiskey into a mouthful of Guinness and throw it back? Often saw the auld lads do it.

1 Like

As recently as last night. It’s par for the course with these combinations.
Oul’ lads and their idiosyncrasies or what!!!

6 Likes

It does be tasty alright. My auld lad grew up in a rural pub in the 50s; often said whiskey and water was never mixed. The seasoned drinker would take a sip of whiskey and the drink water from a separate glass.

They’d be in after the morning run to the creamery, drink their fill, hop up on the cart, lie off and fall asleep and the ass would mosey them on home then sedately.

4 Likes

I find that lads of my vintage are whiskey with a dropéén of water and a cube of ice merchants.

I absolutely can’t fathom is the next generation using soda, white lemonade, Coca Cola and all these fizzy thingies with whiskey. It ruins the taste and inevitably blows the head off you if you do the dog on it.

2 Likes

That’s lovely tack.

One cube of ice tops

1 Like

4 Likes

:clap: :clap:

Having a Guinness surger can here with the father. Better than a normal can in fairness

2 Likes

Strike hard. Strike fast. No mercy.

1 Like

Ray Parlour loves a Cobra.

A class act