Lockdown Drinking Thread - obsolete

I bought 4 cans of Murphy’s about a year ago and I’ll probably die of thirst before the last three move from their spot in the press. Hopefully the next tenant likes them

A couple of Zywiec max. Wicked hangover after it. Tyskie is like piss. Okocim probably the best of the mainstream brands.

Will come as little surprise given your tale where you crapped your own cacks.

Should ask @iron_mike for a few recommends for colostomy tackle. Save a fortune on all the jocks you’re discarding

1 Like

A drop of port is absolutely noble. Iv a pal and hed always produce a bottle of port to be drank before we’d go out. Between 3 or 4 its kills the urgent thirst and gives a tiny biteen of a glow

2 Likes

Huge issues in the supply chain apparently. Guinness Heineken and Bud all in short supply

Id be a big fan of the can of Guinness. Its not far off a decent pint

1 Like

Murphys cans are better

1 Like

:pint:

I think smaller supermarkets in general are reducing craft beer stock. My local Supervalu hardly stocks any and it used to have a big dedicated display for it. The local centra is similar. They’ve reverted to just main supplier stuff.

@iron_mike I tried the Beamish cans last night. Ok but would still prefer the Guinness

It’s been that long since any alcohol passed my lips, I’d fucking drink any of them gratefully at this stage

1 Like

You’re not missing much. It’s not worth it when the child is waking at 5 in the morning

1 Like

Whys that do ya think is it becoming less popular?

I’d say there are a number of different reasons. Some of the smaller breweries are probably shut. Theres also the price element. Even with the 350, alot of lads were down and decided to cut it out

1 Like

This was well before COVID.

Once the bigger breweries got involved producing “craft” beer, they have the supply chain and power to squeeze the independents out.

Price is a big issue for the casual drinker.
Over €3 for a bottle of beer to drink at home isnt exactly enticing. Someone mentioned it here previously too but it’s amazing none of them are doing properly package multi packs. A lot of them are on permanent 4 for €10 or 3 for €9 offer anyways so it would make sense to have some sort of handy pack for a fella to pick up.

1 Like

Hobbit beer is done. Its all about scale.

1 Like

There’s not a huge price differential in pubs I don’t think. The minimum pricing laws will help the crafties id say too

The craft stuff in Aldi/Lidl is decent, usually just o haras or red River rebadged. About 2 a bottle.

First drink of lockdown, made an ole mojito

1 Like

Is that a plastic straw?