Lockdown Drinking Thread - obsolete

Lockdown drinking is growing on me. Had some people over the last two nights until a little after midnight and it is the biz. Not sure how some neighbours feel about drunken talk at that time from a crew in someone elseā€™s garden mind.

Especially if youā€™re talking about the neighbours

A lovely man just stopped by with a slab of Guinness and a bottle of yellow spot. We are drinking to the apocalypse. The new draft Guinness cans are class.

8 Likes

Not great to be honest, especially when youā€™re trying to get a little one off to bed, but I wouldnā€™t begrudge them. Itā€™s very harmless stuff and I can understand people doing it on a bank holiday.

1 Like

Iā€™ll get killed for saying this by the traditionalists here but I like the look/ design of that can

1 Like

Provided they are not acting the bollix playing loud music etc it should be bearable.

And in fairness theyā€™re not . Just chatting away. Iā€™ve no real problems with it

Picked up of these fabled bad boys earlier, hard bate in the sun

6 Likes

ā‚¬170 % 50 = ā‚¬3.40 a pint.
Saucy enough.

Add on the tap hire and itā€™s closer to 5 euro

1 Like

how do people drink bulmers? its fucking poision that cuts the stomach out of you

Sure thereā€™s lads here pulling the stomach off themselves. Itā€™s all the one.

And youā€™ve to get a system to tap it aswell. Be cheaper fly to Prague and drink 50 pints over there

I used to drink it with a small drop of blackcurrent in it as a curer. Makes it far less acidic and easier to stomach.

1 Like

does that really work?

The Iranians used to use miwadi to counteract saddams acid attacks during the Iran Iraq war

It does, just a small dash, makes it a far more palatable drink.

I donā€™t know how anyone drinks the cans, they are pure stink. At least the large bottles have a bit of life to them

1 Like

its the heartburn aswell, it cripples me

I used to drink gallons of the stuff as a young fella. It had my stomach destroyed. Iā€™d have one pint bottle the odd time now, on a very rare occasion after a match or on a summers evening. But that would be it. I find it very sweet now.

@Big_Dan_Campbell I donā€™t know what they put in the cans but it isnā€™t the same stuff they put in the bottles anyway, and the draft :nauseated_face: