Lockdown Drinking Thread - obsolete

Can of Guinness is top bins. Lovely tack. Fine smokey flavour off it. Not as good as a pint but not a bad alternative

3 Likes

Beamish is nicer out of a can than Guinness. Murphy’s doesn’t transfer well

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be a fan of Guinness from the can. It’s drinkable but that’s about it.

In normal times I’m pretty much an exclusively Guinness drinker. As a result, while I have drank lager etc in the last while I find that I need to take a break from it.

So in conclusion, I am happiest tipping away at a few whiskies while also having a few cans of Guinness.

2 Likes

Id agree with this. I would drink a can of Guinness over any lager though. A can of Guinness ia better than a pint in a lot of city bars.

1 Like

Really?

Can’t say I agree with that.

1 Like

A can of Guinness is a pure cod. Tis grand like but it would only give you a want for a proper pint. There’s a bar near here doing takeaway pints now. But at this stage I’ll wait and have a proper pint in a glass.

Thank god the pubs are opening when a lad is waxing lyrical about a can of Guinness.

That’s a cod. Four pints delivered in milkshake cups. By the time you get to the fourth you’d be screaming for a can.

You’d want one of them fellas who drives to the house with the tap. But even at that I can’t imagine Guinness swirling around in the back of a Van is good for the taste.
I missed pubs at the start but really it’s the people you miss, being over charged for shite beer I could live without. If it’s sitting at the table shit I could definitely give it a miss.

I would murder four honest pints of plain though having said all that

1 Like

I miss my local in Leitrim. I would as far to say as I wouldn’t care if other pubs didn’t open.

Well…

4 honest somewhere like Toners, or the place near me Fennesseys and I could go another 3 months drinking at home if I could have a few over

Yep. A few pints after work is cool as well.

Cans of murphys are shite.

I’m on a serious Beamish drive lately

1 Like

I’m gone off the stout for now.

I might treat myself to a takeway pint or two after this run of nights.

Might just treat myself to 24 cans too. All the one when you’re drinking them on your own

The last few days here of the lockdown drinking, we’re
moving on to stage 3 next week with outdoor dining and patio bars open. Here’s a lovely little summer drink, a bee’s knees. Normally made with gin, lemon juice and simple syrup, I substituted my home made limoncello. 2 Oz gin 1 Oz limoncello.

2 Likes

Took a week off drinking this week. Very very hard to pass this in Dunnes earlier

2 Likes

What’s the story in pouring a can of Guinness

@ciarancareyshurlingarmy @Julio_Geordio

1 (one) bottle in Tesco. Couldn’t leave it behind

2 Likes

Into a glass.