Lohan 2004 - 2013

Bed of heavan to the greatest spaniel the world has seen:(

He will be missed

:frowning:

Ah cripes no.

He went quick and he went peacefully. I will charge up my old phone and upload a few pictures of the magnificent beast that he was later today if i get a chance.

The rest of the family have requested no flowers, donations instead to the ISPCA

Better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all.

Magnificent dog, magnificent pet.

RIP Lohan

Very sad. At least he died knowing Clare were in an All Ireland final.

Clare’s last All-Ireland came shortly after Princess Diana’s death and there’s no doubt the outpouring of grief over Lohan’s death will be similar. It should be a good omen for them come the final.

I expect chewy louie to maintain a Queen Elizabeth-esque dignity in the face of this tragedy.

Is there anyone to carry on his name? Did he ever drop some seed in an aul bitch around Cratloe or Parteen?

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 819663, member: 1137”]Bed of heavan to the greatest spaniel the world has seen:(

He will be missed[/quote]

Really sorry to hear that puke. I’m a real lover of dogs know how a man can get close to them. I prefer my little fella to most humans if I’m honest.

It’s sad, RIP Lohan. Great name by the way.

The greatest €250 I ever spent. He was loved by all he came in contact with, as docile and friendly a dog as you could find and despite losing an eye it seemed to give him even more character. He could be a hoor for wandering off but would always return home after an hour or two with a regrettful look in his eye knowing he did wrong. With my and my brothers all moved away my mother said she never felt alone with Lohan around, impeccably house trained by myself yet like all dogs should he would sleep outside in his shed without arguement once asked to retire for the evening

He sired four lots of pups each one immaculate, I will be contacting the owners in the next few weeks to see if any of his offstring are producing to see if we can get a pup to carry on his legacy. There will be no shortage of possible names either, Podge, McInerney and Kelly all have nice rings to them. But we will have a few months to grieve first

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 819684, member: 1137”]The greatest €250 I ever spent. He was loved by all he came in contact with, as docile and friendly a dog as you could find and despite losing an eye it seemed to give him even more character. He could be a hoor for wandering off but would always return home after an hour or two with a regrettful look in his eye knowing he did wrong. With my and my brothers all moved away my mother said she never felt alone with Lohan around, impeccably house trained by myself yet like all dogs should he would sleep outside in his shed without arguement once asked to retire for the evening

He sired four lots of pups each one immaculate, I will be contacting the owners in the next few weeks to see if any of his offstring are producing to see if we can get a pup to carry on his legacy. There will be no shortage of possible names either, Podge, McInerney and Kelly all have nice rings to them. But we will have a few months to grieve first[/quote]
Sounds like he lived a fine life, as befits a dog carrying that title. More was gained than lost with his existence.

Dogs are great.

@chewy louie, I would think twice before rushing in getting another dog. You know what’s going to happen - you will become attached and it will hurt like hell when he eventually passes on, just like it’s hurting like hell now.

In the words of Will Oldham: ‘When you have no one, no one can hurt you.’

Sorry to hear the news @chewy louie

Thoughts are with you.

9 years old is too young to go.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 819712, member: 24”]
In the words of Will Oldham: ‘When you have no one, no one can hurt you.’[/quote]

Jesus Christ… that’s lovely…

:frowning:

Cuntish

The bed of heaven to him Puke.

The loss of a dog is huge. You’ll be busy over the next month with the hurling etc but in the months after that you’ll feel the loss more.

Dont isolate yourself.

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 819721, member: 686”]The bed of heaven to him Puke.

The loss of a dog is huge. You’ll be busy over the next month with the hurling etc but in the months after that you’ll feel the loss more.

Dont isolate yourself.[/quote]

tis the mother who will feel it the most. Makes it all the more galling that Messi was robbed/ran away last year. She would have kept her company and was only going on 4

Sad news Chewy, hope the Mother can see to the final arrangements in her hour of grief.
But as MBB said, he lived a good life, loved and was loved in kind.