LOI 22/22

Greene’s miss was shocking

i had just about got over the miss in stockholm

2 Likes

The good news is its better to lose to a lower half team than another challenger. Big game Monday, hopefully a few more bodies back

1 Like
1 Like

Vito’s shout-out to de Town not having much effect

jaysus…
what a set of results.
BUT… it is not good for the x2 biggest teams in the country to be loosing like this - i mean for the league yeah its fucking great but jesus Dk/ Rovers should be so far ahead really and getting prepped for a bash at Europe… this does not auger well for July as i do not under any circumstance believe the BSC and Sligo albeit with a few decent results have progressed that much

there was a time when the Monday fixtures only served to add an easy 3 points for the full times sides…
not tonight.

edit - im assuming Sligo are not full time… Bohs i know are not

Sligo have a bit of money behind them don’t they? Not that they spend much but they seem fairly well run

do they ? jesus i dunno
they are definitely very very well run tho… like they wont be winning a game in europe but will be solid out in the league

Maybe not actually, I thought they had some local lad with a bit of money over them but can’t find anything online. That Figueira lad would hardly move to Sligo from England for a part time deal?

Are sligo not building a new stadium ? Where they getting the cheez for that
edit : €17m stadium

its the LOI man
anything is possible here
all I know that any man who invests in any LOI club must be fully aware they will loose their investment and be known in the local community forever as a hate figure .
Bill Hulsuzer must have been the only man ever to make a profit and he should have pulled out last year .
Usually the bigger the project the more dramatic the collapse, cork city ,tom Coughlan and Arkaga in 2008 are the gold standard here followed by shels, drogheda and possibly derry…

now maybe sligo plan on fundraising all this or maybe some local philanthropist is funding it ?

1 Like

Thats an aspiration at the moment. They haven’t funds in place for it. They want the gubbernment to fund it. They could well get a chunk off them

1 Like

In fairness Shels was the worst of them all. From playing Deportivo la Coruna to playing Cabinteely.

1 Like

Ollie Byrne’s only crime was he dared to dream.

Surely at the time some millionaire with a bit of balls should have stepped in?

They were so fucking close to cracking it and would have had a better side in 2007 if it hadn’t gone to shit in the winter of 2006.

1 Like

they are very well run, the community do a lot of fundraising for them

Everton teamed up with them this year though, not sure how much if anything they get for that, might explain the push for better facilities

yeah from 2004 to December 2006 when it all came crashing down…
Jesus the Cork one was bad also… under Dat Polan and Brian Lennox they were beating Malmo and Nimejen in Europe, they beat Djurgarden a year later .
The craziest ever LOI season was 2006… there was money been spent like … well , we all partied, etc lads like John o flynn and denis behan on a grand a goal bonuses at cork…big crowds.
Setanta cup kicked off then - epic games… the highlight of that was the 2008 final tho- full stadium in Cork, Glentoran in town, union jacks, 7-45 KO place hopping and cork won 2-1… if you looked at that game that night you’d have though this is fucking unreal
Arkaga funded that for cork - then arkaga said its 2008, sorry lads we’re done as theres been a crash
Fellas forget drogheda as well- they almost beat dynamo kiev over 2 legs - did shane robinson hit the post or something in kiev in injury time- they would have won on away goals in 2008

by 2009
cork / shels/derry and drogs were almost out of business

3 Likes

Rovers are jaded & too many injuries

Towel coming in after the break

1 Like

Sporting Fingal were another vanity project.

The Dublin City affair was probably the start of the house of cards falling down.

look at the stadium
thats some occasion
i remember in August 2009 i was out on the piss in tel aviv the night Maccabi Haifa played Glentoran and i bumped into a few lads from belfast in the buzz stop in tel aviv around 4 o clock in the morning , it was fucking boiling hot now outside, you’d be drinking carlsberg and smoking LM blue with sweat pouring off ya- the hangovers were ferocious, the humidity in that city in august is something to behold, its sweltering
anyway - these lads were calling me " red arse" presumbly as i was catholic who they associated with being abused by priests, but we had good craic, went to a strip club and they invited me to " make myslelf known" in the bar in the Oval if i was ever up
i think i had been drinking on my own that night actually - jesus that city almost killed me

Did Dublin City and Fingal exits together ? or were Fingal a recreation of Dublin City?
i remember one was yer man Seery’s idea after the home farm everton thing fell asunder