LOI season 2017

We’re gym ‘buddies’

Limerick a point clear of Shamrock Rovers with a game in hand in the only rivalry worth talking about. :ronnyroar:

1 Like

I noticed a Kabia playing for Rochestowns All Ireland winning team, presume he is the bauld Jasons

Now you’re bringing back memories. Kabia was a huge let down really but very popular, I played against him in MSL a few times.
The night we played Athlone in the cup semi final in 98 and he scored two goals was one of the best away trips ever, camped in a college mates garden.

Limerick need to be setting the bar higher.

He is actually a great fella. Did some amount of riding around Cork. I met him at several at parties back in the day.

He was out too much to exploit his abilities

Rovers to be relegated

They’ve got a relegation 6 pointer against Bohs tomorrow.

I see the Shams lost 2-1 against 10 men Drogheda. Who is this Bradley clown they have managing them? Surely he hasn’t got long left.

How many managers have Shamrock Rovers shitcanned since Michael O Neill left?

Bradley won’t last much longer.

terry eviston center forward

we did very well last night and should have beaten a horrible waterford outfit at the RSC
took a spin down after work, the size difference between the teams was staggereing, waterford have assembled some shower in Pat Maclean, billy fenlon , reynolds and kenny fucking browne, we played them off the park and sheer inexperience say us conecede with 10 left
Henderson is doing a briliant job
as an aside the difference in quality between this game and the rovers harps game last week was enormous, the gap between the divsions really is huge, the game is so so slower
first div is wide open, at this juncture, us, shels or waterford could win it

in other cobh new, Wanderers just drew 0/0 in the intermediate cup semi away in greystones earlier, replay next sun in cobh, 1 game from the aviva
this was as good if not better than the game last night

on the premier
cork are not going to win this thing at a canter , itll be a shootout between them and Dk allright as derry are done, i predict they’ll be relegated actaully
Dk’s squad is huge, and that is a factor here
Rovers are in right trouble

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2frKapwS8HQ

Goal of the month contenders for March. I expect Conan Byrne to win, as goals inside in your own half tend to win these things.

But I’d be going for McEleneys against Pats, I love a good slaloming run.

1 Like

Guys, I was doing a 5.6km run this morning (27:28) and spotted the Bray Wanderers squad bicycling up along Seán Moore Road en masse. They were all wearing club track suits. They’re playing in Dundalk tonight.

A number of Dundalk players were using the Rochestown Park Hotel gym the morning of the game against Cork, which I thought was also strange.

That’s some strike from Conan Byrne, outrageous :clap:

Potentiation and/or mobility work.

I am returning to hurling soon and am going to trial weightlifting before games/training. For well trained athletes it seems to be a good CNS primer

What’s CNS, you cunt … Yeah, they were doing weighted work.

Some fantastic goals there.

Its so obvious the technique of LOI players has improved massively in last 5/6 years.

Byrnes should win, because its the best. He went for the tgat, the weight on the ball, the vision, everything. Amazing goal not just because of distance.

1 Like

Teams training like dogs the morning of league matches against Cork seems to be the done thing, Dundalk will probably catch us off guard now in the cup.

Central Nervous System.

Its a fine balance, but having that “awake” is critucal to optimum performance.

Both City and Dundalk have excellent performance/s&c guys.

I use Olympic lifts before coaching/manageing games. Its really sharpens you. However do too much and you are fucked. And after the games you will be particularly fucked anyway.
I have done it before a relegation final a few years ago. It was some of the best coaching i did, but i was absolute bollixed that night. On a par with the players.

We are one. Mind & body. There is no difference.