LOI season 2017

I’d always prefer a goal like McEleney’s to one where all you have to do is kick the ball like that one. McEleney is more talented than Daryl Horgan, he just doesn’t have the same drive about him

There was a touch of the Derry Pele’s about McEleney’s goal.

Then he is not as talented.

Drive is a talent.

As for the goal, i think its a matter of taste somehow but i could argue the Pats defending was pathetic where as the keeper was in a perfect spot for the other goal.

Ah here Kev? He got lobbed from fifty yards

I’m a huge fan of McEleney’s, he’s probably the best player in the league. But he’s not as talented as Horgan. Don’t see any reason to question his drive either. McEleney’s might be a more intelligent footballer but Horgan is lethal.

I think McEleney is better on the ball whereas Horgan is faster, more direct and works harder. Even apart from the run for McEleney’s goal there the finish is absolutely sublime

His initial positioning was completely standard.

That was the brilliance of the shot

City leading at half time, Dundalk game still scoreless.

Bray take the lead in Oriel Park before conceding almost immediately. 1-1.

Harps lead away to Derry. Pats 1-0 up in Galway. Cork still 1-0 up at Dalymount.

Bray 3-1 up now at Dundalk!

A Tour De France from the cyclists.

Give City the trophy ffs

McEleney’s second goal is the best by a mile there, just ahead of his first.

An altogether higher standard of technical player in the Ulster leagues.

McEleney comes from that wonderful Derry street football tradition that gave us magicians like Liam Coyle and Paddy McCourt, silky midfield maestros like Felix Healy and Pizza Hutton and warriors like James McClean.

It doesn’t really work like that Kev

City are 15% better and Dundalk are at least 30% back. Nobody else comes close

i would disagree strongly with the fact that this is suddenly a one team league like say Serie A , Bundesliga or SPL
Cork have made an excellent start yes, but Dundalk will are a decent side, albeit missing two very influnetial figures from last season but a good side nonetheless
There are very good teams in this league, Im a season ticket holder at Rovers for the simple reason its just a grand place to go to watch football, im no fan of the club, but i really like and respect the set up they have and the people who surround me every second friday
ive seen everyone live this season bar Bray, Galway and Pats and i can tell you there are decent teams in this league who are well capable of beating anyone on a given day
Finn Harps and Rovers personify the teams behind Cork and Dundalk, really good sides ( harps are decimated by injuries) who are inconsistent and have the players and ability to beat anyone,
Rovers i see have just imploded in Bray after been one up, thats not to say they wont turn that round after the break now

i think, Drogheda, Galway and Derry who are falling away at an incredible rate will be the teams in the bottom 3, cork and dundalk will battle it out but there are plenty of teams who will give them plenty and my 40/1 about Bray to win this thing is not too far off you know
People forget that Cork could loose Seani for a bag of toothbrushes in July, this is part of LOI life

1 Like

cabinteely announced a friendly game at home to New Zealand on june 6 in a more bizarre story yesterday

1 Like