LOI season 2017

:smile:

1 Like

It’s about developing the best youth players in Ireland,being sustainable and being successful

Cark people don’t understand the concept of being sustainable

that was a hell of a game lads
is Niclas Vemmelund the first Dansih player to score in the Aviva BTW?

Carks best player signs for SRFC

1 Like

Bolger is good but McCormack is way better.

1 Like

A 29 year old sub .

I watched the Wales vs Ireland game in Fowlers with Alan. Gas man who is sound as a pound. Don’t dare compare him with Sadlier

1 Like

Alan is very much an alright sort.

1 Like

US consortium interested in taking over Dundalk apparently

Yes. Not for the first time @Bandage has got this horribly wrong.

+1

20m40s in :clap:

https://cdn.rasset.ie/manifest/audio/2017/1010/20171010_rte2fm-gameon-gameon_cl10784320_10787978_261_/manifest.m3u8

He was moved on. Wasn’t making the team regularly and was aging and slowing.

Up your game.

i think Greg Bolger is a decent footballer, but i am suprised Rovers have signed him
Rovers have the makings of a right decent team and are really going about things the right way
there are some really excellent players coming thru Graham Burke, Trevor Clarke (who is probably gone id say), James Doona and Aaron Bolger are just 4 young players who i really liked this season, clarke was unreal all season, that goal in cork and the one at bohs were superb strikes
if rovers want to win the league next season they need a keeper (chencinski was a disaster i think) and a center forward …
Brandon Miele is not a center forward, gary shaw just isnt good enough and michael o connor is just too young, if they sign Macmillan from dundalk and get in a keeper (young horgan wont make it) they’ll be good.
there are a few teams doing things well and right at the moment, rovers and cobh have two of the best youth systems in the country along with Bohs and cork city to a lesser extent but the former 3 clubs are just producing good players consistently…it will come right for rovers, it wont happen under bradley tho, but he is also learning

next season if rovers go with

a new keeper

luke byrne
lopes
webster
grace
clarke

mcallister
finn ©
burke

a new stiker
miele/shaw - both not good enough
doona will be good enough

that’s not a bad team

Did Limerick sign a young lad from Cobh?

Rover are not doing things the right way

yeah cian coleman, product of the system

look im not sure what the right or wrong way is and what benchmark we are using but rovers is a grand place to go and be for many reasons that i can see
for a start there are really really good players coming thru and you can see it on the field, im not an expert on methods or whatnot at all of coaching kids, coaching kids in soccer in this country is tough but i spend time with their 15s, luke byrne the senior left full coaches them and its a great set up…
graham burke and clarke are 2 lads in the senior squad who struggled in england and are flying in LOI, burke’s performamce against Mlada Boleslav, you tube his first goal and clarke all season were reasons to go to watch LOI

the match day experience is also miles away from what i grew up watching LOI from, lovely stadium, good family atmosphere
( im not talking about the east stand now btw…)
fellas are suprised as well to learn the team is full of posh lads like webster, byrne,finn, macphail, paul corry… these fellas are not the middle class types youd associate with a LOI team and in SoCoDu this really matters

listen pal, i remember watching ramblers play athlone at 2pm on a sunday in december and hearing fellas behind me calling Terry Eviston a wife beater, it was no place for a kid, Tallaght on friday night certainly is…

Players coaching them is totally flawed. They haven’t a clue.

Get coaches who know what they are doing.

Experienced coaches who understand young lads.

Duff has already exposed how much out of touch he is

Byrne has been poor this season