LOI season 2017

correct

@mickee321, who is bankrolling Waterford? Serious statement of intent signing that pair.

Lee Power

The great Oirish striker

WTF are they signing the rapist for?

Disappointing for Limerick to lose him, on top of everyone else.

Disaster for Limerick, losing probably our best player. He’ll do well there, great player.

The relegation battle starting even earlier than normal. :sweat:

Akinade shouldn’t be allowed play in this league.

yeah, Lee Power, caulfield will be seething withe Akinade move
also i see Dk gave sean gannon a 3 year contract, must be a new one for LOI, good to see tho
paddy barrett is gone to cincinati
Mcelheny may join blackburn

@mickee321

Stuart Byrne brilliant on newstalk today. See can you listen back

1 Like

What was he talking about specifically?

Growing the league

1 Like

thanks mate
excellent analyst allright
i must catch that, the man has a genuine care for the game here and is an all round positive guy

why not?
the kinahins had a team in the FAI cup this season, rovers put them out in tallaght

cant believe rovers gave Chenkiski a new deal
webster, connolly and madden gone also
are we looking at

tomer

luke byrne
pico lopes
grace
trever clarke

bolger
finn
mcallister
burke

miele
shaw

presume cameron king is gone back to norwich, we badly need a person who can score a goal, aaron bolger too young to start in the middle, he’ll get smashed up by the likes of Alan Bennett or Phil O’Donnell… wouldn’t mind seeing someone like kurtis byrne joining…
the rapist would have been an ideal signing if he hadnt played for the BSC

Hi all

It is with regret that I have to announce that I am standing down as Chairman of the Galway FA with immediate effect. The main reason that I am doing this is the constant negative attitude towards Galway United I would nearly go as far as saying that some people on the Galway FA hope that Galway United as a football club would collapse.
When the catering contract came up for renewal Galway United offered more money then the other bidder but the lower bid got the contract.
When Galway United enquired last year about putting in a bar in the old dressing rooms in EDP there was serious opposition to it but practically no opposition to renting out upstairs for 3 years which I agree with as you have to get a reasonable length of time to recover your outlay on renovations.
The contract I signed with Galway United for the bar on behalf of the committee was for one year at a reduced fee so that Galway United could recoup some of the 10000 euro they spent renovating the old dressing rooms. The fee for the next season was up for discussion at around the end of this year but an email was sent to Galway United telling them to remove all their stuff from the bar area and to restore it to its original condition this in my opinion was not what was agreed earlier this year.
The decision to restore the dressing rooms was seemingly taken by some members of the football committee and other people who are not on the Galway FA and without consultation with the full committee of the Galway FA so that this new academy could use them. Why would we need this when we have the finest dressing rooms in the League of Ireland.
The academy which I agree is the right think to do but it should be in conjunction with Galway United who despite comments on social media did make contact with a member of the Galway FA about running this jointly but was told that he would discuss with the committee and get back to him. When he did get back to Galway United he said the committee were not interested, I am not sure what committee did discuss this but it was not the full committee. Also the academy was seemingly launched last weekend and the first I knew of it was when I saw the picture on Facebook of all the coaches in EDP not sure who knew about the launch but I as chairman definitely didn’t
Finally work started this week on the removal of the bar and I do not know who gave that instruction to remove it.
So after 10 years on the GFA and 2 years as chairman that’s it folks all I ever wanted from my involvement with the GFA was to improve things in Galway football we succeeded for a while but things seem to going back to the old ways fighting and bickering and the only ones that suffer are the people that are the most important which is the PLAYERS

Poorly written and bordering on rambling.

yep ,terrible

Interesting here . Any more on how the former elite underage clubs are taking the LOI underage leagues ?? @mickee321

Please don’t resign, mate. Galway football needs you.

1 Like

Fixtures out on December 19th, first matches down for February 16th.

In the first division the teams who finish third and fourth will play each other in a two legged play off. Winners face the side who comes second. Winners of that play the team who comes 9th in the Premier.

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy
the war criminal is back as assisant at drogheda
given they were operating on an amateur status towards the back end of last season its hard to know how they are paying him.

i see the waterford fans are crying over the akinade signing, , the lads over on the Jackie jameson FB page were throwing up screenshots of conversations where the waterford board allegedly communicated to their fans that akinade’s conviction wasnt that serious or some shit

akinade is a brilliant striker, best young striker in irish domestic football by a long shot but he’s a bit fucked with this