London Calling

2 each in the football no? Derry in 2022 and 2023. Tipp in 2016 and 2020.

Ladies football league game. The Babs was in attendance .

Vs Kildare was it? He has a granddaughter playing with them.

A grand Sunday afternoon spent in Ruislip.

The 1pm start almost caught us out after a 4.30am finish in The Swan in Stockwell on Saturday night but we made it just in time for a quick pint in the Clubhouse before throw in. Ruislip being in London is probably the equivalent of Newbridge being in Dublin.

The game itself wasnt great. Lots of endeavour but lacking in quality. Thats to be expected in Division 4 though. Tipp played in spurts only. Went into a 0-06 to 0-02 lead after 25 minutes but conceded a bad 1-01 before the break which seemed to drain the confidence from them. London got on top early doors in the second half but a bad injury to one of their players broke their momentum. Trailing 1-06 to 0-06, Tipp did get it together for 10 minutes and reeled off four points on the trot to hit the front. Jack Kennedy was at the heart of most of the good stuff Tipp did. I expected them to drive on and see it out, but suddenly they found themselves slipping again. The end game consisted of 11 minutes of added time which swung this way and that. London equalised before Tipp restored their lead. Then Tipp tried to play keep ball which backfired spectacularly when they got blown for overcarrying allowing London break up the field and Portlaoise’s finest Cahir Healy cc @myboyblue kick a Hollywood point to level. Tipp still had time for one more attack but unlike Kerry, didn’t have a David Clifford buzzer-beater in their ranks as the referee blew it up while Tipp pottered around the middle.

The final whistle was met with great cheers from the London Ultras who were delighted with their point. The Ultras were funny in their Cockney Accents telling the referee to ‘go to the opticians’ at one stage. Some tough men on their team. Bald lads and everything. I’d say they are more likely to be found pouring concrete in Kilburn during the week than swanning around Canary Wharf in suits.

Anyway there was a lovely atmosphere in the Clubhouse afterwards for a few hours. Everyone mingling and enjoying eachothers company. TG4 on the TV and £4.50 pints. Met an 80 something year old die hard Tipp Football man who was over there fir the weekend with a brother of his who’s been based in London for 67 years. Really wholesome stuff. As the light declined, the place started to filter out. The reality of life and Monday morning dawning on people.

Anyway we tipped on to see the lads there in The Parish Bar up by Wembley after. It was quiet enough but a few Tipp lads in there. Then we’d to go into Soho to meet a lovely fella by the name of Muhammad who found one of my accomplices phone after he lost it on Saturday night. We gave him 30 pounds sterling and he was delighted with himself.

Our race was run then so we retired for the night. Overall an 8.75/10 weekend on the richter scale.

@Diabhal your boys are over there for Championship in April. Well worth a visit. It will be like the Melbourne 7’s on steroids.

34 Likes

Sounds like a dinger of a weekend pal. See you in Semple on Sunday

1 Like

A weekend well spent lad well done.McGovern park is a lovely spot.

1 Like

Lovely post :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Fackin’ Muslims, finding our lost phones and returning them to us

Muhammad got 30 notes for his troubles. Imagine if a Jew had found it?

FAO of @Tierneevin1979

Yeah. That explains why he was at it.

Heading over this weekend for a posh wedding so clearly not my side of the family!!. Has anyone done the water taxi gig for getting around? Was going to do that instead of the usual walking and tube route. Will post in the celebrity spotting thread if I come across CĂĄit NĂ­ MiddletĂșn on my escapades😀

1 Like

If it’s not raining Boris/lime bike is key

2 Likes