London Calling

It must be terrible for both of you. Carrying around the weight of that self loathing with you constantly. The desperation to fit in and become the one who escaped and ā€œimprovedā€ themselves. The overbearing need to be superior to those you left behind. In your minds a Ken Loach directed film of your life playing, where you revisit the old sod, pat the locals on the head and then thankfully escape back to your fabulous life of constant ingratiation.

Whatā€™s Canary Wharf area like for a weekend break? Iā€™m deciding between that and a place in Hammersmith

cc @fistoffury @Ray_Donovan et al

Go with hammersmith. Nothing in canary wharf at the weekend. Lots of places close. Thereā€™s obviously lots if better areas than both those options, depending on what you are looking for.

2 Likes

Was thinking that might be the case alright. We were in Lambeth, close enough to the Eye last time and that was close enough to everything. Iā€™ll keep looking so.

Whst show are you taking in? The Phantom of the Opera is immense.

Soho, or Camden/ primrose hill would be my choice, just not anywhere near the Camden high street

The jazz hands stuff is her department. Saw Hamilton last time, something like that will do me.

Book of Mormon is very funny and a great show

2 Likes

I highly recommend Masala Zone in Covent Garden if he like Indian food. Despite the generic name, the restaurant and food are anything but. Top class Indian grub

1 Like

Some good hotel deals to be had in Mayfair if youā€™re patient. West End show is a great night out.

GSTQ.

Did you do the walk?

giphy (1)

I had it down

1 Like

Donā€™t mind that shit. Head for a night out in the Windmill in Brixton.

Ā£5.75 for a pint of Heineken? I mugged myself right off there :man_facepalming:t2:

Far right activist, preaching all campaign, and heā€™s not Home to Voteā€¦

1 Like

Nobody here in a proper country gives a fuck what Paddy Potato-head is running your banana republic

2 Likes

Are you going to a show?

Later. Sheā€™s gone to a Lion King matinee, Iā€™ll most likely be half asleep for Waitress this evening

1 Like

No more Galtymore

Not too many like that left