London Calling

Iā€™ve heard good things about The Faltering Fullback up past The Emirates.

Grand spot. West Limerick guy owns it.

1 Like

Soho remains great. But peopleā€™s favourite pubs, and why, is a funny topic and naturally a divergent one. Was in The Coach & Horses a good few times. Had its pluses but always seemed terrible bright for a pub. The French House had better lighting but was obviously after being ā€˜done upā€™.

Was in the Colony Club twice. Odd and frenetic sort of place. But I was only there the twice and not out of my box, either time, on powder. Soā€¦

To me, The Argyll Arms has the full set: decor, lighting, excellent beer.

Christā€¦pm me @BruidheanChaorthainn if you need a few decent pubs and clubs instead of these tourist hellholes

4 Likes

Itā€™s always helpful to have a man on the
Ground who knows the lay of the land.

2 Likes

Imagine going on a pub crawl with these tedious bastards.

Is the griffith on the old clerkenwell rd still going btw, @Tassotti ?

Going to London, or any city, just to visit pubs is a bit mentalā€¦but each to their own.

1 Like

Weā€™d a great few hours in the French house. Walked in around 12. Ended up sat with the owner by the window. Didnā€™t buy a drink.

1 Like

FFS, heā€™s had his fill of Kronenbourg 1664 already

Someone tipped up a lovely place in Holborn here years ago. Best pub Iā€™ve ever been to in London. It has something Royal in the title anyway

Princess Louise?

I think thatā€™s it. Loads of little separate private spaces in it but a lovely buzz of conversation. No TVā€™s. As private or as open as you like

yeah thatā€™s the oneā€¦ youā€™d get lost fair quick in it with all the hidey holes

1 Like

@Tassotti and anyone else.

Any recommendations for good pubs north of the Thames?

Iā€™ll be visiting the City of London next weekend to see Erik Ten Haag lift his first trophy as Manager of Manchester United but will need something to do on the Saturday afternoon/evening.

My companion will be a cider drinking, GAA fan from Tipperary so if we could find somewhere that a) shows GAA on TV and b) serves Bulmers/Magners that would be optimum.

(I assume there would be a strong correlation between a) and b).

Weā€™ll be based a mere Rory Delap throw in away from The Emirates Stadium so bare that in mind with suggestions. Iā€™ve head heard good things about The Faltering Fullback just up past the Stadium but its owned by a Limerick man and Iā€™m not sure weā€™d be able to get over that.

Iā€™m thinking Camden might be the best place to start looking?

1 Like

That Limerick man is a good racing man. Iā€™ll be meeting his brother in aintree in April.

Defo call in for a pint.

1 Like

Great pub in fairness. Was in the twelve pins by Finsbury Park tube after the Fleadh in the Park in 2004. I left halfway through Bob Dylan as he was shite. Counting crows had played that day and they were in there watching Spain Portugal in Euro 2004 and skulling pints. Was decent back then.

3 Likes

Does Mikey Fitzsimons still own it?

Unless it changed in recent times. His brother is a gas character.

1 Like

Tossy?
Heā€™s some man to stir trouble, a gas character :smiley:

Whatā€™s the Sheephaven Bay like?