London Calling

Archway Tavern isnā€™t far from where Arsenal play- was a great spot back in my day

An institution in its own right. Heady days back in the late 60ā€™sā€¦

1 Like

Drank there in late 80s, upstairs in Mahom Burkes snooker hall, great days

1 Like

Duke of York
Iā€™m not mad on Camden tbh.

1 Like

Will it be showing GAA on TV?

No. Defo not. Itā€™s a courier pub or used to be.

1 Like

It was (and I imagine probably still is) a Munster rugby supporters meeting point. The Six Nations might dominate in there on Saturday afternoon.

1 Like

Going to London Friday 3rd for 2 nights with junior, his Xmas pressie to me fair play. Taking in Chelsea v Leeds Saturday 3pm, suggestions for watering holes welcome

How old is junior?

The Shed.

Itā€™ll be great for him to see.

2 Likes

Munster rubby pub. Jaysus. Used be run by a lad called Liam whoā€™s gone back to Galway. I was in there once and he said heā€™d just bought a round for the couriers in the corner on my card, and he hoped I didnā€™t mind. He was such a nice skin I actually didnā€™t. Never even asked him what it was all about. :flushed:

1 Like
2 Likes

What the fuck :joy:

2 Likes

Put it like this, he can handle his aleā€¦

Not sure what to make of that. Sounds like a bit of a cunt rather than a nice skin. Fair play to you anyway.

Sure @flattythehurdler would hardly notice it on the bill.

2 Likes

I know. Iā€™m still slightly bemused by it now.

Heā€™s a good lad. Was and is a great friend of my sister

1 Like

I like the toucan in Soho but you need to get in and get a seat. Used like filthy mcnastys in angel, not sure is it still there. Was great for a lock in back in the day. I always do like to walk the river across from the tower back to st Paulā€™s. Londoners all seemed very cheerful and pleasant today. It used be a lot more intimidating. Now itā€™s just grand. Me getting old probably.

1 Like