Long Live the king

Maybe lots of people don’t but you’re still wrong. Racism is a major problem and I think that your reaction there enables it.

The fact that someone wondered aloud about a baby’s skin colour shows that people do still care about it. To me it’s a clear example of racism.

Your reaction to someone citing a clear example of racism is to accuse the person that gave the example of “throwing out the race card”.

There’s an awful lot wrong with your reaction there to be honest.

2 Likes

You need to bring him to the Al Hambre in Granada…show him where it all begin for his people in Spain …one of the great quotes -

The Moor that lost Granada ,Boabdil, retreated to the Sierra Nevada mountains .he turned around for one final look at Granada – sighed, and burst into tears. His mother , betraying little sympathy for her vanquished son, is said to have told him: “You do well, my son, to cry like a woman for what you couldn’t defend like a man”…

3 Likes

It simply isn’t. Herself actually said this morning that she wondered what colour our kids would be. It’s not racism by default. It’s as likely, more likely, to be natural curiosity. Unless of course
A you think that way yourself
B you constantly seek an opportunity to take offence
C you twist words to suit your narrative.

8 Likes

A friend of mine in the states sent off for one of those ancestry dot com genealogy dna tests. She was an army brat who lived all over the world as a child and was interested to know what her lineage was. As expected it came back with an array of different ethnicities and what not.

She then asked her husband would he be interested in doing the same. He is from Tubber and said he wasn’t too pushed as his family had been in Tubber since jesus was a lad and there was nothing to learn from it. But she wore him down anyway and he sent off the sample - Ancestry dot com sent back the findings - 98%* North Clare

*or something along those lines

11 Likes

Our gene pools are fairly undiluted, out west anyway — bit of Viking and Norman (they’re nearly one and the same) thrown into the mix alright.

1 Like

It’s even more weirder given you cant spell Meghan without Gah men.

2 Likes

He said that they send you something like a heat map as to where your ancestry is and it was just a black mark in around where Tubber is and that was pretty much it

2 Likes

Plenty of black haired black eyed people in Connemara, though what was striking were some of the old photos in the heritage museum in mayo (which I enjoyed) bore an uncanny resemblance to native Americans.

1 Like

Here he is finding out for himself. Also, @flattythehurdler, that’s Megan’s mother standing beside her.

Just confirmation of what we all suspected.

Have we heard from Captain James Hewitt during this saga?

Can you see the difference between your wife wondering it about her own children and some in law that you already have tense relationship with with speculating out loud?

It really is a striking that you have a person of colour giving an example of experiencing racism, and your first reaction is to say “that’s not racism, you’re playing the race card”. As if you were qualified to comment.

1 Like

The Irish are obsessed with the British Royal family.

2 Likes

:rofl:

That’s brilliant… there’s something grounding in knowing that throughout centuries of change your people have always patrolled a certain patch of land. Fuckers go off all over the world looking for meaning and to find themselves - knowing your a shit-kicker from the west of Ireland and have been for a thousand years brings a sense of security and surety that can never be acquired.

3 Likes

The Irish are dark featured people pal … The Vikings are red/fair

Her mother looks lovely. I never paid any attention to them before, but had a five minute diatribe this morning brought to a halt when she noticed my attire.

It’s really striking that you immediately interpret a comment which when spoken by the vast majority of people would be entirely innocent, as overtly racist.

4 Likes

They were probably more likely wondering if the kid would be a ginger.

More worried I’d say.

1 Like

Says the resident Tory.