Long Live the king

It was just observed to me by lapsed poster @Trapattoni: “It’s weird when someone who’s been around forever dies. It’s like if Coca Cola suddenly ceased to exist or something.”

1 Like

Nice top too

Jam sandwiches

RIP QE2, did as much as possible for Anglo-Irish relations than any of her predecessors combined, tough as an old boot id say. Her passing could well be the beginning of the end of the monarchy.

4 Likes

When does the new money get printed

1 Like

Sir Keir on Sky now

It’s being printed non stop since 2008

The last full year in which the Queen wasn’t the reigning monarch was 1951.

Mayo’s name is on Sam Maguire for 2023.

3 Likes

I give it about minus half an hour before the Queen’s death becomes a culture war lightning rod.

Just watching back last January’s Loving Cup Ceremony sad in the knowledge that we won’t be toasting the queen in January 2023.

3 Likes

Nonsense its very important to have a King immediately or there might be a foment of rebellion

That’s outstanding solemnity and dignity.

I suppose as Freddie Mercury once sang “the show must go on”.

They’re in pieces.

2 Likes

I see the beginnings of an unsavoury culture war brewing over football being postponed.

I know somebody due to attend Blackburn v Watford on Tuesday night and he’s fretting it might not be postponed and may have to attend.

Graeme Souness may be about to target Trevor Sinclair for cancellation.

13 Likes

If people find out about what Liz Truss said, Boris Johnson could be back by the time of the funeral.

God Save the King isn’t half as rousing

There really is something about having a QUEEN as head of state that a plain old bog standard King just can’t match.