Long Live the king

Where’s that? It looks like communist era Romania

1 Like

With translation - dayum, he don’t hold back :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I’d expect UEFA sanctioned games to go ahead but not domestic football.

Scotland v Estonia in a World Cup qualifier went ahead on the day of Diana’s funeral.

My condolences to @Gary_Birtles_Lovechi & @ChairmanDan. Ar dheis de go raibh a anam dilis.

1 Like

A hanam

She’ll hardly care now in fairness.

5 Likes

Pronouns eh :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Rock stars railing against the monarchy was a very conformist sort of rebelliousness.

The two most famous ones that did it turned out to be massive reactionary bellends, one having a worldview not too far off the EDL while the other one would fit right into the EDL and then some.

Elvis Costello, The Stone Roses, the Gallaghers, the Clash and Morrisey. There’s many more.

Morrissey and ? Clapton? J Rotten?

It really is so lonely on a limb.

“Some wise Irish man or woman once said that broken Irish is better than clever English.” - Barack Obama.

Irish only has masculine and feminine

While Morrissey gave out about the monarchy he pointed out that if it was to go, other oppressive things like the pub and church would become more pronounced.

Ian Brown turned into an anti-vaccine “I do my own research” headbanger, Noel Gallagher turned into a Tory, Morrissey turned into Tommy Robinson.

Some rebels.

2 Likes

Elvis Costello OBE

1 Like

I hope the royal corgis are being fed and watered. Bubbles got the bata agus bothair fairly lively after Jackson’s light went out……

4 Likes

When the Queen Mother died, Bernard Manning remarked that the corgis would no longer be blamed for the piss on the couch.

10 Likes

Clapton was anti-monarchy was he? I’ve never taken a huge interest in his music. The other two are the ones I was referring to.

Clapton was a massive racist and an anti-vaxxer so if he hated the Queen too we’re starting to develop quite the pattern here.

1 Like