my reign had seen its end.
70 years I had served my Country,
as the peoples friend.

Thank you for the years,
for all your time and love.
Now I am one of two again,
in our Palace up above.

:cry:

Not to mention former Chairman John Reid, UK Defence Secretary during the Iraq War.

1 Like

It would be remiss not to extend condolences to Her Majesty’s subjects in the Commonwealth Realms. Condolences to @Fitzy, @Chucks_Nwoko and @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy.

This anchorman Huw Edwards on BBC has had a stormer. The occasional touch of Welsh lilt with the correct measurements of grief and gravitas.
I’m off to play a few blasts of Cerys Matthews for myself.

7 Likes

It’s all over the frennnnt page
You give Rrrrrrrhhhoyal Rrrrrrrhhhage

He sounded like it. That piece this evening on the news was of Cowan vintage.

I think the Queen’s funeral will be a great occasion. A quiet celebration of life, of her life and all the lives of everybody in these islands. It will be solemn yet joyous, full of justified British pride yet deeply inclusive of all those who reside on our islands and beyond.

A day for the people. I hope it’s held on a Saturday as Liverpool desperately need the next two league games postponed.

By playing Elizabeth my dear earlier reopened how good The Stone Roses first LP is.
Absolutely untouchable as a debut and still probably my favourite record of all time.

1 Like

Here you go auld shtock

4 Likes

First four tracks are up there with the best ever but hard to beat Revolver from start to finish. New release of Revolver coming October 28th, stereo version with same technology used in recent Get Back doc.

1 Like

Stone Roses was a time and a moment of that era. The video of the Blackpool gig was iconic

1 Like

Arsenal are going to win the league.

One of the more obvious ones

The British working class loved the Queen.

Quite true.
A lot of the old Celtic bhoys were Labour men.
They also remembered a time when sectarianism was rampant in Scotland and especially Glasgow and they were affected by it.

Not unlike the north, Scotland has changed. Confident young people aren’t afraid of sectarianism, to stand against it, fight for what’s right and want to break from the union. They mostly want a better Scotland, free to make their own decisions, map their own destiny…and in Europe!

Young Catholic Celtic fans aren’t afraid of Calvinism. They are smart, educated and confident to know it’s not hand in hand in Scotland like their Grandparents may have thought.

Chairman Dan is like Jacob Rees Mogg. I wonder if his pocket watch has a date on it so he could realise what year we’re in.

4 Likes

1 Like

Irish working class didn’t

A moving tribute to Her Majesty on Newstalk there from former Eire Prime Minister, John Bruton.