Long term punts

Been on oddschecker there for the last while and picked out a few bits and pieces of value.

EPL top scorer.

Torres a deserved fave at bp 4/1 but with his injury problems and Euro commitments I think he is opposable.

Rooney at 12/1 is tempting. Think his partnership with Berbatov will work well, rarely will a golden boot winner be 14/1 to win it 2 years in a row - Anelka.

The standout bet tho is Defoe at 25/1. Back in tandem with Crouch and having Modric and Lennon supplying the bullets he should do well in a World Cup year. Not sure how much arry will rotate but he loves Defoe in any case.

Bent at 40/1 a decent option too.

EPL Relegation

Got my fingers badly burned with Hull last season so this is a tricky market to judge. Hull at 10/11 are still value with noone wanting to sign for them. Stand out bet by a mile though is Pompey at 11/4. Mark Viduka exactly the type of player you dont want in a relegation scrap.

w/o Big 4

Im of the opinion that its not going to go well for City this season. Villa at 7/1 or Everton at 5/1 great value imo.

First manager to leave post

Hughes at 7/1 or Megson at 16/1 will have their supporters. The one I like though is David Moyes at 50/1. He is meant to be getting itchy feet and with Lescott wanting out, he might decide he has taken them as far as he can.

Chicago Bears and New Orleans Saints e/w to get to the Superbowl.

Have the feeling that Hughes will do relatively well with City…Would lay him all-day…

Got leeds at 7-2 to win league one and i think we finally have a proven manager and a decent team for this level and won’t be too far off winning it this season…only lost one of our last 15 under grayson last season and looks like Beckford will stay…definately think it is worth 50 lids…

EDIT

They are now best price 11/4…some change in a couple of weeks

Bears don’t have enough WR threats.
They’d be over reliant on an old defense.
Saints are a good punt.

The handicap league on betfair is always an interesting one:

Team (Handicap) Odds
Man Utd 0 pts 25
Chelsea +2 pts 20
Liverpool +3 pts 23
Arsenal +8 pts 19
Man City +13 pts 14.5
Tottenham +19 pts 23
Everton +24 pts 19.5
Aston Villa +27 pts 13
Fulham +34 pts 21
West Ham +35 pts 18.5
Sunderland +38 pts 12.5
Blackburn +40 pts 16
Bolton +40 pts 27
Portsmouth +41 pts 38
Wigan +43 pts 19
Stoke +44 pts 16.5
Wolves +48 pts 13
Hull +48 pts 24
Birmingham +50 pts 15.5
Burnley +52 pts 17

Solwhit Champion Hurdle 10/1.
Cooldine Gold Cup 12/1

Cooldine is a super horse alright, has won me a few quid.

I generally don’t get involved in ante-post betting but probably should. I like the price of Arsenal for the league, but their light defence is stopping me from backing them.

[quote=“Sledgehammer”]Cooldine is a super horse alright, has won me a few quid.

I generally don’t get involved in ante-post betting but probably should. I like the price of Arsenal for the league, but their light defence is stopping me from backing them.[/quote]

If Hangeland signs for them I’ll pop a few quid on Wenger’s boys.

[quote=“KIB man”]
First manager to leave post

Hughes at 7/1 or Megson at 16/1 will have their supporters. The one I like though is David Moyes at 50/1. He is meant to be getting itchy feet and with Lescott wanting out, he might decide he has taken them as far as he can.[/quote]

would a bookies give you odds on mourinho being city manager by end of year?..(Man city not Norwich city…:D)

They probably would if you emailed them and asked. Think people are wrong if they think there are any circumstances under which Mourinho would leave Inter Milan and go to Man City in the next 12 months.

Good call I reckon.

You would think though that he would want Inter to make some kind of impact in Europe before he leaves. The Seria A is a poor enough standard I suppose at the moment.

just always get the impression mourinho isn’t fully into teh inter job…winning champions league is the only improvement he can do there…they’ve already won the domestic league before he came…and i don’t think they are anywhere near winning champs league…

Yeah suppose so, if he even brought them to a CL final that would represent a fair achievement.

Sledge, check your pm’s please…

I haven’t logged into that yoke in ages. I’ll have a look either tonight or tomorrow.

I am inclined to accept your bid though, without having even seen it yet. I like the dignified way you have gone about your transfer business, not in the groteque way Manchester City have done.

[quote=“Sledgehammer”]I haven’t logged into that yoke in ages. I’ll have a look either tonight or tomorrow.

I am inclined to accept your bid though, without having even seen it yet. I like the dignified way you have gone about your transfer business, not in the groteque way Manchester City have done.[/quote]

:thumbsup:

where did you get that impression from? i think he recently signed a new contract which suggests he is into it

Have heard good word for Castlerea 11/4 to beat the Mayo champions at the weekend. Game is in Roscommon, they have a good freetaker, won the first round comfortably and are an experienced club side.

Also 10/1 to win Connacht. Corofin from Galway arent going anywhere near as good this year and are very opposable as they are odds on.

KIB 13/2 has also been recommended for Munster. Kerins O Rahilly’s favourites and very opposable. Wouldnt rule out Stradbally or Moyle Rovers either at decent prices.

In Leinster, Portlaoise are very skinny 6/4 or something. Backing windy Laois cunts in winter football is risky business if you ask me

if st. galls are anything like the team they were a few years ago I reckon they’ll win the club all-ireland…

Dont know about that, was at their All Ireland against Salthill a few years ago. Salthill were rank on the day and still won. St.Galls seemed content just to be there and badly lacked self belief.

Ballyboden any chance in Leinster football or hurling?