Long term punts

can’t see galway getting near it…Connor is a fookin headcase…the motley crew he assembled at dundalk showed exactly how he thinks the game here should be played…

[quote=“Bandage”]66/1 is tempting though.

Tasty and tempting.[/QUOTE]

Quality

[quote=“mickee321”]whats he backing them for exactly clarkey cat?
i dont mean to be sarcastic here in this most honourable of threads but the phrase " throwing a few quid their way", in to relation galway united , a shambles ( even in LOI terms) of a club directed by none other than the man who brought down Bearings Bank Nick Leeson peobably means that they will be out of business before 2012.

Tom Coughlan, Olly Byrne, Louis Kilcoyne and other individuals have “thrown a few quid at” LOI clubs in the past and look where they are now.
Coughlan has probably eneded CCFC, Byrne destroyed Shels and poor old Louis almost got his wish to end Rovers.
In their defece tho, i see sean connor took over as manager, he will probably draft in a few ex dundalk hardmen and they will kick their way to a mid table finish

Id be having a few quid on sporting fingal to win the league,…
id also be backing them to be out of existence within 3 years. Its the Dublin City franchise all over again, only this time they have money and maybe 5 or 6 more fans, they will do a shels 2006 and buy the league this year but itll be down-hill from there[/QUOTE]

Top 3 pays apparently. I think he is nuts to back them. I’ve a source inside Pat Mc’s office that I’m trying to get some figures off. I would doubt he is giving them an awful lot. The press conference to unveil Connor was in Supermacs, Eyre Square. How embarrassing.

Now that i’ve found this thread i’m looking to get a few ideas for long-term ante-post punts. I’m thinking a couple of speculate bets that i can put into maybe a lucky15 or something. All reasonable ideas welcomed. So far i’m thinking something along the lines of:

Cork to win All-Ireland SHC @ 10/1 or thereabouts
Limerick to win Munster SFC @ 7/1 or thereabouts
Brazil to win the World Cup @ 5/1 or thereabouts

Cork won’t win any All Ireland dunph and I would say they will do well to get past the A/I quarter finals

Coming in nicely under the radar Puke, they will be the biggest threat to Kilkenny IMO…

[quote=“The Dunph, post: 361215”]
Coming in nicely under the radar Puke, they will be the biggest threat to Kilkenny IMO…
[/quote]He’s right Dunph,other two have solid claims though,check my bet on the previous page,coming along nicely thus far!

What is your basis for that Dunph???

What price would you get on Clonlara for munster?

Think we are 9/2 for Clare with O’Mara’s…presume you would get 33’s or even bigger

Any price you want. I heard there was fellas shitting in ditches at training up there last night.

:o WTF?!

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 361221”]
:o WTF?!
[/quote]That’s commitment.

They’d be worth a few quid. I’ve finally lost hope in Newmarket.

Call it a hunch…

I heard about that as well, apparently Martin Kiely will be writing an article on it in this weeks Leader…

Ah for fucks sake… :blink:

Nicky O’Connell’s place is safe for the moment…

Very foolish Pukey to be thinking that, but we won’t know till august of course. First time in 3 years they have had a pre-season.

While i certainly don’t think that right now they are better than Tipp, Galway or KK, they are as good as anyone else, and probably (this year) have more room for improvement than anyone else.

I see Clare and Waterford being medium term better sides in terms of the hurlers they have coming, but Cork still have the bones of a very good and competitive side.

Are Donal Og and Sean Og still playing inter-county hurling, Kev?