Long term punts

I get the feeling mickee has gone native…

[quote=“tipptops*”]the only thing about backing Portsmouth to go down is you are only guessing what they will do in January. If 50 Million was suddenly made available that would keep them up comfortably. There doesn’t seem to be much information floating around about the owners. They surely wouldn’t have bought the club if they weren’t going to invest as Pompey in the championship would be worth about 1/5 of its value now.

Wolves to go down at 1/1 is as good a punt as I’v come across in a long, long time. Free Money if you ask me, although not as free as the Stoke free money from last year:D[/quote]

I recommended laying Pompey to go down ie back them to stay up. I agree that Grant is a shrewd manager and it may not take much to stay up. Have already backed Pompey pre season to go down at 11/4 so will trade out a bit of that at the weekend.

[quote=“mickee321”]that’s a good point MBB.
However Avram Grant has taken over as manager of Pompey just now i believe.
Id hold off on any punts on them to be relegated for just a while and see how their next few results pan out or how their style of play developes under him.
Grant is a very shrewd football manager, he minds me of trappatoni in many ways who will get the best out the rabble he has there.
The bottom 7 clubs in the premier league are utter muck and are managed by unintelligent , panic buying muppets like mick mac, phil brown, zola and gery megson.
Grant has one thing these guys do not have, that is intelligence. he is tactically very astute and can organise a team well.
he also has a knowledge of european football and will bring in some half decent european journeymen in january on free transfers who will hold the fort at fratton park.
You wont see him paying money for someone like Bullard at Hull…

Hull got a result last night i understand but they are a brutal side, steven hunt personifies their inadequicies, he is the aidan macgeady of the premiership.

Hull and wolves will be relegated, bolton are also in serious trouble.

also, a punt on Everton not to finish in the top half is a decent bet at the moment as they are a club going nowehere at present.[/quote]

No doubt Hull are a brutal side but 7 points out of the last 9 aint a bad return. Hunt is just the kind of player you need in a relegation scrap I think and takes an excellent set piece. Was man of the match against Everton. Bullard and himself are a lot better than the likes of Henry and Jarvis for example. Just think it makes no sense why Hull are odds on to go down despite having more points than Wolves etc. Think a good few are jumping in to kick Phil Brown but he aint in the papers as much now and at the prices Hull are a good bet to stay up.

On a rare occassion i’m with KIB on this, they have shown some goodfighting qualities in recent matches, Bullard is the perfect player for them to stay up, and as mentioned Hunt as well.

I think Portsmouth, Wolves and either Wigan or Bolton with them. No team thats had a start like Portsmouth ever survives, at least not that i can remember off the top of my head anyway.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]On a rare occassion i’m with KIB on this, they have shown some goodfighting qualities in recent matches, Bullard is the perfect player for them to stay up, and as mentioned Hunt as well.

I think Portsmouth, Wolves and either Wigan or Bolton with them. No team thats had a start like Portsmouth ever survives, at least not that i can remember off the top of my head anyway.[/quote]

:rolleyes:

your boghouse is riddled with sewage- clean up first then post here

what odds SRFC for the league in 2010 NCC?

They have to figure out how many leagues there will be in the LOI first

your boghouse is riddled with sewage- clean up first then post here[/quote]

Why don’t you fuck off back to whatever scumhole you crawled out of.

:smiley:
you know, at first i’d nearly find that funny but if things keep going the way they are the LOI premier division will be played in a tri-nations type format with just UCD/Rovers/Fingal.
fingal will be gone bust in five years (long term NAP :)) and then rovers and UCD will play in a 2 team league like in scotland with the premier league…

on a funny note my ould fella rang up Cashman’s in Cork last week and asked them would they give him a price on CCFC NOT taking part in the LOI first or premier divisions in 2010 season.
Paul Cashman told him to fuck off on the phone, my dad had been a season ticket holder at city since 1989 and does not think they will make it…

anyway, lets not digress here…

back to long term punts…

Mille Chief at 14/1 for the 2010 Triump Hurdle…

mac, are u on sir??

[quote=“mickee321”]

back to long term punts…

Mille Chief at 14/1 for the 2010 Triump Hurdle…

mac, are u on sir??[/quote]

Gordon Elliott has a 3 year old that surprisingly hasn’t been priced up yet. I’ve heard the owners are sweet on its chances for the Triumph.

I still fancy Barker for the Champion Chase but am getting turned off as we’ve yet to see him since Punchestown. He’s entered in the John Durkan in Punchestown in December. Just hope Willie knows what he’s doing as the horse is so much better than most people realise.

Anyone had a bet on who will win the World Cup, just put down a few bob on Serbia at 74/1 on betfair, have a feeling they will get out of the group and could lay them them then, also had a punt on the Germans at 14/1

Just looking at a couple of EPL bets now - Villa 7/2 to finish in the top 4 - what you think KIB Man? Confident?

Placed a longterm(longshot) bet yesterday
60 accum
Limerick(division 4 foot)7/4
Clare(division 2 hurling)8/15
Portumna(AI club)4/7
Phil Taylor(world darts)1/3
MayweatherV(Pacman)4/7

Clare will do well to win division two next year seeing that we probably won’t have a new management team in place til mid january at the earliest and will be playing catch up…

ya decent bet at that price. If you check back to the start of this thread you would have seen my recommendation to back Villa at 7/1 to finish in top 5 tho…:popcorn:

Federer is 1/3 to win a grand slam in 2010. I think that’s great value tbh. You’d wanna put a grand or more on it. As a sort of a hedge Nadal is 1/2.

A friend of a friend was backing Galway United at 66/1 today. Apparently Pat McDonagh is throwing a few quid there way. Wouldn’t touch that myself.

Their, not there.

66/1 is tempting though.

Tasty and tempting.

[quote=“Bandage”]66/1 is tempting though.

Tasty and tempting.[/QUOTE]

:smiley: :clap:

[quote=“ClarkeyCat”]Federer is 1/3 to win a grand slam in 2010. I think that’s great value tbh. You’d wanna put a grand or more on it. As a sort of a hedge Nadal is 1/2.

A friend of a friend was backing Galway United at 66/1 today. Apparently Pat McDonagh is throwing a few quid there way. Wouldn’t touch that myself.[/QUOTE]

whats he backing them for exactly clarkey cat?
i dont mean to be sarcastic here in this most honourable of threads but the phrase " throwing a few quid their way", in to relation galway united , a shambles ( even in LOI terms) of a club directed by none other than the man who brought down Bearings Bank Nick Leeson peobably means that they will be out of business before 2012.

Tom Coughlan, Olly Byrne, Louis Kilcoyne and other individuals have “thrown a few quid at” LOI clubs in the past and look where they are now.
Coughlan has probably eneded CCFC, Byrne destroyed Shels and poor old Louis almost got his wish to end Rovers.
In their defece tho, i see sean connor took over as manager, he will probably draft in a few ex dundalk hardmen and they will kick their way to a mid table finish

Id be having a few quid on sporting fingal to win the league,…
id also be backing them to be out of existence within 3 years. Its the Dublin City franchise all over again, only this time they have money and maybe 5 or 6 more fans, they will do a shels 2006 and buy the league this year but itll be down-hill from there