šŸ Lookalikes Thread

Poor choice of picture of Oā€™Driscoll. Itā€™s almost like you were trying to sabotage your own lookalike attempt.

Groundskeeper Willie

David Hanly

Sorry mate but I shant be taking comments on lookalikes from you.

1 Like

Heā€™s the spit of Ron Swanson ā€¦

This thread badly needs an @Mullach_Ide type adjudicator

Are you putting your name forward Mike?

Nope

Thatā€™s disappointing.

I nominate @iron_mike

Nominate away

Whatever about shit lookalikes surely thread etiquette should involve acknowledging when youā€™ve taken the lookalike from another site or social media platform. Iā€™m happy for @iron_mike to take on the adjudication role.

1 Like

Motion carried. @iron_mike is our new lookalikes adjudicator.

2 Likes

You just did.

Yeah, why didnā€™t you post up that picture of Oā€™Driscoll with the curly hair and moustache?

I feel it my duty to inform the forum that the lamentably popular clickbait website Joe.ie featured the exact same David Davenpower - Brian Oā€™Driscoll lookalike as @farmerinthecity posted this morning.

Four years ago.

The 6"9 tall poster has set a new low for this thread.

2 Likes

We need evidence of this.

@iron_mike might have a scandal on his hands in his first hour in the job if this is true.

1 Like

@iron_mike needs to step up now

Pic: Brian Oā€™Driscoll is a dead ringer for 1980s David Davin Power | JOE is the voice of Irish people at home and abroad

:astonished:

@Rintintin is the boss around here.

3 Likes

Based on the evidence provided by @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy, I am prepared to allow the the look alike (LAL) . However itā€™s pu rely on a technicality.
While Mr Heneghan made reference to the LAL he only provided a picture of Mr. Oā€™Driscoll. No photographic evidence of Mr Davinpower was provided meaning that interested parties would have to find the evidence for themselves. Even though instructions were provided by Mister Heneghan, he did not do the required research. This was at vest careless and at worst lazy by the afore mentioned Mr Heneghan.
@farmerinthecity merely took advantage of this and provided the evidence required.
However it does merit a warning as plagerism will not be tolerated going forward

5 Likes

I donā€™t read Joe.ie*

*Thatā€™s not to say that the person who told me about the lookalike, and which I subsequently attempted to use as my own, doesnā€™t read it.