Lotto

I do the Lotto every week, 2 lines with numbers agreed upon with myself and Mrs Locke. Same numbers every draw. I checked on the Lotto website and plugged in my numbers to see if I/we would have ever won the draw. Turns out the best we would have got was 4 on one line. Loads of 3’s and a few 3 and bonus.

I feel good after seeing this because

• My numbers have never come up
  • I haven’t lost out on a potential one
  • I still have a chance

But on the flip side

• I have loser numbers
  • I now have to continue doing the Lotto every draw in case my numbers do come up!!

Is the Lotto worth it or just a load of old bollix.

Lotto - An idiot tax.

Still, the money is put to good use in GAA Clubs all over the Country so I cant argue too much.

They now have a Monday night draw as well. 1 a line with 1million gtd.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Lotto - An idiot tax.

Still, the money is put to good use in GAA Clubs all over the Country so I cant argue too much.[/quote]

Plus someone has to win the thing, why not me?

IDon’t think it’s any harm to do it.*

Could very easily be you Licke, no doubting it, just find it to be a waste of money, you’d be better off punting with your few euro.

Scratch cards, now there’s some fucking scam.

I rarely do it but if I do it’s only two lines.

People who do twenty lines because it is a big jackpot bug me (my folks are such people). I mean there are whatever million ways of doing it - 18 more lines isn’t going to do much for that probability.

Take this with a pinch of salt but I’m guessing maths was never your strong point after you claim that

• I haven’t lost out on a potential one.

Your numbers have the exact same chance as every other of the millions and millions of combinations. Lottery balls don’t have memories so it doesn’t matter they’ve never come up before.

I will do the lotto sometimes but only for very big jackpots.

A stealth tax on people who are too stupid to realise it. My own estimates and calculations would suggest that it’s played by a larger proportion of lower income earning people too and they probably can’t afford to be wasting up to €100 a week on it.

Who the fuck spends a 100 a week on the lotto??

Is that actual calculations Bandage or are you just repeating a widely quoted stat?

[quote=“Gaillimharais”]Take this with a pinch of salt but I’m guessing maths was never your strong point after you claim that

• I haven’t lost out on a potential one.

Your numbers have the exact same chance as every other of the millions and millions of combinations. Lottery balls don’t have memories so it doesn’t matter they’ve never come up before.

I will do the lotto sometimes but only for very big jackpots.[/quote]

So the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 have the same chance of coming up as any other combination. Itll come as quite a shock to the almost 1,000 people that play these numbers religiously for every draw, that their winning cheque has a few zeroes missing off the end of it.

I wonder does any one do 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7?

Bandage, your comments on the matter were both lazy and idiotic. Early contender to take Pukes crown away from him.

a tax on the statistically ignorant…whats even worse is that lucky 6 thing you can do on your mobile…same price as a lotto ticket but you can only win 1 million…

No, playing the lotto every week is both lazy and idiotic.

I do it every so often when I think of it. Like locke I use the same numbers every time. I might spend a fiver every 2 months on it which is a lot less than I tend to lose on the horses every month. Maybe I’m just shit at picking winners.

I do get a lot more satisfaction out of cheering on the horsies than a few balls though

Tax on idiots?

Sure the same could be said of alcohol and cigarettes which you just piss and breathe out of you. Sure everything in the 21% VAT bracket could be discribed as a tax on idiots given such logic. No harm in doing a quick pick every so often.

Cigarettes and alcohol tend to be enjoyable though Ben.

If you win the lotto you can have lots of cigarettes and alcohol. Good song that.

Since when do you consider cigarettes enjoyable Bandage?

[quote=“Flano”]If you win the lotto you can have lots of cigarettes and alcohol. Good song that.

Since when do you consider cigarettes enjoyable Bandage?[/quote]

I’m partial to the odd cigar - I should have clarified this point.