Luton Town FC

Stevie Potts’ son with the winning peno.

They play in MK stadium next season?

No way. Kenilworth Road getting a few upgrades starting Tuesday morning.

5 Likes

Hope so!!

Congrats @Spidey. What a success story. Is there even a rich benefactor at Luton?

1 Like

We love you @Spidey !!!

You love to see it

Aboy @Spidey :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

Welcome to the big leagues @Spidey

And @briantinnion :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

It’s a great day for Wexford. Huge Wexford community over there from the 50s and 60s wave of emigration.

7 Likes

CCCMMMMMAAANNNNNN!

The young fellas communion party can start now.

What a day, what a city!

17 Likes

Welcome to the big league pal

1 Like

Just saw the goals and pens there. The Luton centre forward fairly bullied his man in the lead up to the Luton goal

You always need at least two teams in the top division beginning with L for it to be a proper top division, so given Leeds and Leicester are getting relegated, Luton’s arrival is a nice counterbalance.

Given that both the winners of the second division and the play-off winners get a trophy, you’d feel very left out if you were the team that finished second.

Winning promotion throught the playoffs is the absolute zenith of sports

5 Likes

Luton Town v Liverpool in the FA Cup Third Round in January 1987 was not the first football match I ever watched, but it was the first football match I consciously sat down and watched in the knowledge that I was a Liverpool supporter and was going to watch this match as a Liverpool supporter. So Kenilworth Road is a place close to my heart. Coventry, Luton’s victims today, won that competition.

Certain “teams” stick out in English football history. Identifiable teams, not clubs. Leeds. By Leeds I mean the Leeds of Don Revie and Norman Hunter and Billy Bremner and Peter Lorimer and Mick Jones, not the Leeds of David Batty and Gary McAllister.

Forest. The Forest of Clough. The Forest of John Robertson.

The Oldham of Joe Royle and Andy Ritchie and Mike Milligan and Denis Irwin.

The West Brom of the Three Degrees. The QPR of the mid 1970s. The Ipswich of Bobby Robson. The Wimbledon Crazy Gang. David Pleat’s Tottenham.

Somewhere with a decent place in there are David Pleat’s Luton Town team of the 1980s. There was a definitive core to that team, not all of them were there at the same time, but there was a spine that was definably Luton. It was David Pleat’s team but it endured after he left. The Stein brothers. Ricky Hill. Steve Foster. Mick Harford. Les Sealey. Mal Donaghy. Ashley Grimes.

Has there ever been a cooler footballer than Ricky Hill? Has there ever been a more charmingly endearing trot by a football manager than that by David Pleat? Has there ever been a run of cooler kits than that sported by Luton in the 1980s? Has there ever been a better Cup Final win? Has there ever been a more hilariously ramshackle stadium? Has there ever been a worse pitch? Has there ever been a more disgraceful club policy than Luton’s ID scheme?

Luton Town didn’t exist in the 1980s, they lived. And now they live again.

3 Likes

The most iconic brown suit ever

1 Like

The cunts better let them play at Kenilworth road

2 Likes