M. Donnelly Interprovincial Series

I’m sure if they ask Jim he will fix that next.

Some going in fairness.

There is a passion for the game in Ulster missing elsewhere.

I gp back to the day above in Newry for Glen Maghera v Kilmacud Crokes. 10,000 in attendance mostly from South Down, South Armagh and of course Mid-West Derry. Horrendous fog wasn’t going to put anyone off one of the all time great GAA occasions.

Compare that to Portlaoise for St Thomas’s v Ballygunner. Was there 1,500 in attendance? Utterly grim for probably the greatest Club Hurling game ever played.

2 Likes

Whether he has or hasn’t he deserves a huge amount of credit for the thought out into the rule changes…but more so how he has communicated them and let people see them before the vote.

4 Likes

Hurling is so great that it never spread outside munster

https://twitter.com/stevie_poacher/status/1847582775571783827?s=46

The twitter coaches have sent out their spokesman. I played for over 20 years, never realised it was an invasion sport. I played hurling for longer, what movement restrictions has that game? I think keeping 3 up is the easiest rule for referees, it’s a 21 yard free if teams don’t do it so I’d expect the referee to be made aware of it fairly quickly if it was breached. It also means referees are likely to have to deal with fewer swarm tackles which would be a fine help to them.
The 2 point rule is the most difficult for a referee, but in club games they often have to guess whether points are scored or not. If soccer referees can judge offside by themselves I don’t see why football referees can’t judge 2 point efforts, accepting they like the soccer referees will get some wrong.

6 Likes

Very different too to compare as many other counties have a lot of soccer, rugby etc. doesn’t seem to be big in or near those Ulster towns. Even hurling isn’t played in many of them whereas I would commend dual clubs much more around the country.

You want to change a system that is so obviously working in Ulster?

Typical free stater

He’s some stones of a man. I knew he wouldnt be able resist having his say

Invasion sport :joy::joy::joy::joy:

€20 lads. A bargain

We can carpool.

What’s the forum’s take on the rule changes? I need a few opinions to repeat down the pub.

Counting down the clock is completely pointless. Shite. Why does the GAA idolise Aussie Rules? Gaelic football is a far better sport.

Aussie rules is terrible,.utter shite. Gealic football is/was a great sport always enjoyed playing it.

Has anyone suggested that they release a jack russell at a random time each half, maybe give each team a JRT to introduce at anytime for tactical advance. One JRT release per team per half

1 Like

The countdown clock cannot be introduced. All GAA referees should be given as much room as possible to facilitate a draw in certain circumstances.

9 Likes

Clock isn’t one of the changes

Alright but other than the clock shite?

I only saw a few minutes on Friday night. Why were they using a hooter?

Sorry the 4x15 won’t be a proposed rule change is what I meant. Games will still be two halves

1 Like