Macedonia v Ireland - European Championship Qualifier

what ever happened alex bruce?

what ever happened alex bruce?

Now Gibson has pulled out. Fucking joke.

The whole thing is a fucking disgrace. There must be more going on behind the scenes than is being admitted?

He was probably on the piss yesterday after their parade and decided he couldn’t be arsed travelling over to join the team.

Trap doesn’t seem happy anyway so he presumably suspects the parade reason. How could he pick up an injury yesterday otherwise?

Fuck sake how much could he have really had? Suck it up and run it out of you, you’re a professional fucking athlete. You’d have to wonder about some of these lads who go through so much shit to declare for the Free State and then go on like this. :angry:

Gibson withdrew via a text message!

Trap’s comments:“Gibson has sent us an SMS. It’s his groin. In the world it is always the groin! Also in Italy, when you don’t know, it’s the groin! It’s the new disease. It’s always groin. It’s impossible to look.”

Fahey is struggling with a knee injury and is a serious doubt so Andrews looks likely to be starting alongside Whelan in midfield presumably. We really are down to the bare bones now.

I hope I’m not tempting fate here but a few could learn plenty from McGeady’s attitude. Abused in Scotland for declaring for Ireland. Media had a go at him, opposition fans had a go at him. He still kept turning up to play despite being a substitute for years. Now he’s a star in the team, has further to travel than anyone and there isn’t a question of him missing out. I know that’s only the way it’s supposed to be but it is refreshing to see the guys in the team who do have such commitment.

[size=“1”]FAO KIB - no need to reply to this post mate. Your “hilarious” take on the issue is well known.[/size]

I’m sorry Rocko, while I realise your admiration knows no bounds, praising a lad for doing his job is pushing it a little. The others disgraceful attitude highlights his decent one, but still doesn’t make it any more than decent. Thats like praising Kevin Kilbane for showing up, but why shouldn’t he show up? Its only doing a bit of training, staying in a plush hotel, and playing a game of football. Not exactly going down the mines.

Because if people are going to be criticised for turning up it’s only fair that guys like Keane, Given, McGeady, Hunt etc get credit for never skipping games.

Our glorious captain is a good example actually. To think some of the criticism that Keane has shipped over the years is that he has scored against lower ranked teams (whcih isn’t really true as proved before) and in friendlies etc (again not really true). Yet this guy has always made himself available for the team, even during bereavement, and he still gets criticised for his “attitude” and for being a difficult character apparently. There are plenty of decent guys in the Irish setup and whether you think their job is easy or not they deserve a mention.

Should we give the kit man a mention also? That security officer thats always around the management and dug out, maybe we should send him a card? Where should we draw the line in your opinion? Do we still have a mascot?

This whole thing is mind-boggling. We effectively have a number of players who have retired from international football for the foreseeable future. Wilson, Stokes, Gibson…if Trap plays it as he has done in the past these lads won’t be in a squad anytime soon…this isn’t good…or maybe it is…I’m not sure. :blink:

Or maybe I’m just getting over-excited.

If Trap was willing to finish a players intl career over playing a guitar (albeit an incredibly fat player) you can bet your life these fella’s are toast. Which is fair enough, its Trap’s call, I can only imagine how infuriating this sort of carryon is to him. If I were the likes of Robbie, Hunt, Dunne, etc, I’d circle the wagons now and create the siege mentality for the weekend. Where to from there, I have no idea.

I’ve been critical of Traps stringent selection policy before i.e. lads not going to training camps in Portugal being dropped. But McCarthy, Gibson, Wilson, Stokes etc. can go and fuck themselves. We’ll play with the lads who want to play for their country

What’s my hilarious take on the ‘issue’? I don’t believe in applauding players for merely showing up to play if that’s it. Doing it on the pitch would generally be expected to count too. Something wee Aiden failed spectacularly at for the vast majority of his 40 odd caps. But sure yeah he showed up anyway, fucking hell let’s set the benchmark a bit higher than that.

Gibson, McCarthy, Ireland, Wilson - a generation of gutless cunts right there, all should be our pushing for midfield spots. Talk about a lack of character. Shocking. I expected a lot better from Gibson. Had a bit of faith in him. Is it true he has pulled out injured from three end of season games now with a groin injury?

No wonder the country is a complete failure on the international stage considering some of the cunts involved.

I said “no need to reply” mate. Want me to delete that for you or are you happy to reiterate your innane opinions?

A bit constipated this morning? Fibre or orange juice might help you out mate

Keith Treacy got a second chance. Trapps authority has been eroded a bit now as telling Andy Reid to fuck off was one thing but not sure we can close the international careers of another 4 or 5 considering the small pool of players
available

I have lost track with who is in and who is out.

• Westwood (genuinely injured)
  • Dunne (genuinely injured)
  • Gibson (couldn’t be arsed)
  • McCarthy (couldn’t be arsed)
  • Wilson (couldn’t be arsed)
  • Stokes (couldn’t be arsed)
  • Duff (genuinely injured)
  • Doyle (genuinely injured)
  • Best (genuinely injured)

Have I missed anyone? Is Ciaran Clark out as well? Is he genuinely injured?