Mad Men

I’ll have to be careful not to spoil the rest of sesason 1 for myself but in relation to the Betty v Rachel debate it’s Betty for me but not by much. The dirty red head bird gets my No.1 vote though.

There are no spoliers in the thread Flano so read away.

Being an American, I had a feeling you’d pick Betty as she is more the stereotypical all-American prom Queen type.

I’m still in love with Menken though.

8 episodes into Season 2 now and it just keeps getting better. The writing on this show is off the charts in its brilliance.

Yep, its top notch allright, early into S02 myself. Would disagree that its in the same league as the Sopranos or the wire though.

Loved the line when the red head was showing Peggy the typewriter and said “dont worry, it may look complicated but the men who designed it made it easy enough for a woman to use!” :smiley:

I’ve got about 5 episodes of Season 2 left. No plans this weekend so just going to sit in and watch them.

Probably the best drama in the world right now that is still being made in my opinion. Pete Campbell, what a great character.

P.S. I love Rachel Menken.

How or where are you watching it mbb? Just read about it there, hadn’t come across it until i saw this thread, looks interesting.

I’ve watched the first 3 episodes of Season 3 so far. Bit of a slow start to the season but I get the feeling big things are on the horizon. I suppose they have to try and fill us in on what happened between Season 2 and 3.

Anybody else following it so far?

Watched Ep 1, enjoyed it, have the next 3 there now to watch, just havent gotten round to watching them yet.

I think that says something. When I was watching Seasons 1 & 2 I couldn’t stop myself watching because it was so good. With Season 3 I haven’t felt that, hopefully Episode 4 will get the show back on track*

[SIZE=1]*Thats not to say the first 3 episodes weren’t good.[/SIZE]

I think I would have watched on had I got the remaining eps, but I didnt at the time. I prefer to let them build up and watch a few in a row. I currently have a few eps of Mad Men, Rescue Me and Better Off Ted ready to go. Currently finishing off S4 of Supernatural.

Btw I see what you now mean about Smallville, the cunts raped that hole thing.

Twentymajor is a Mad Men fan it seems. http://twentymajor.net/2009/09/14/kerrygold-ad/

Watched first 4 episodes during the past week. Decent enough so far, I wouldnt say its going any differently to other years. Slow burn this one. I find once you watch a show week to week instead of waiting to watch it in one go, you can think its dragging a bit and not the usual quality. Decent enough fare so far.

I think somebody said something similar recently :thumbsup:

Just seeing this now kev. I download torrent files from the pirates bay and download them onto a client called azureus vuze. Then I transfer them to a 1TB hard drive plugged into my TV, and off I go.

Does this work on Mac (Apple Mac-not the Davidstown man)?

Not up on the whole Torrents thing but seems the way to go.

I’m not familiar with Mac PC’s pikie, so I’m not sure. Perhaps the Runt might know a bit more on this, or flano. All I know is what works for me, and anything after that is kinda like splitting the atom for me. The Hard Drive was my best ever purchase though, its savage. I have loaded so much shit onto it, and I plan to be watching it into my dotage.

But what way do you do it?
Download a torrent from Piratebay or the like and then what?
Does it play from that download file or do you need to convert it to something else?

Ah right, you want the process, ok I’ll take it from the start.

Download the client Azureus Vuze, it works like iTunes.

Once thats downloaded, go to Pirate Bay, search for the torrent you want. I alwasy sort by “seeds” ie, those people sharing the torrent. Get the highest seed, and your download will be quicker. Click on the torrent you want, download it. It will go directly to your Vuze client, whereby it will begin to download.

Downloading time depends on your download speed, and the amount of seeds, and how big the file is. A TV show should come down in no time, especially a popular show whereby there will be a lot of people downloading it in the days after its shown in the States. Mad Men will fall into this category, you could get it in less than an hour.

The files are in avi format usually. I just transfer them via USB to my Hard Drive and watch them straght off. If you cant do this, you can watch them on your PC by downloading a viewer called “DivX”.

All this software is free, and is relatively idiot friendly, you won’t go too far wrong.

Vuze have a download for Macs so thats the first thing you’d need to get. Once you have that set it as your default application for torrents. Click your torrent link, Vuze will open, the download will start. When you have the file downloaded, boom and you’re done.

Edit: just saw MBBs explanation.

I would download VLC player rather than DivX myself but whatever ya want.

[quote=“Flano”]Vuze have a download for Macs so thats the first thing you’d need to get. Once you have that set it as your default application for torrents. Click your torrent link, Vuze will open, the download will start. When you have the file downloaded, boom and you’re done.

Edit: just saw MBBs explanation.

I would download VLC player rather than DivX myself but whatever ya want.[/quote]

That’s just a far higher quality answer Flano.

Was reading MBB’s and was thinking - but what if the PC opens up the downloaded torrent file in Notepad or something… address that.

Plus VLC is the media player to get.