Major Boosts to the Irish Economy

Two predictions:
i) Tubs will soft-soap the fuck out of Cosgrave.
ii) Cosgrave will start every sentence with “So…”

ii) is a bizarre quirk of speech that seems to have gained serious currency within the geek community.

I’ll pop it into our watsapp group.

1 Like

Lovely hurling.

Well I’ll be! I didn’t expect to be proved right this quickly I must say.

These 2 cunts have necks like a jockey’s bollox, you have to give them that.

Apparently last year Cosgrave took to the stage and slow hand clapped the RDS staff when the wi-fi went down last year.

I wonder if he took to the stage to slow hand clap himself this year, given that he was in charge of it?

Another thing I’ve learned from the boards.ie thread is that the Arsenal supporters club in Dublin were kicked out of their usual venue of the Mercantile in Dame Street this evening to accommodate these gimps.

While that may have been a blessing in disguise on this particular night, the principle holds.

10 Likes

Send it on to Tubridy there ta fuck to see if he’ll wedge the cunt with it

1 Like

https://www.yellowschedule.com/blog/web-summit/an-irish-start-ups-experience-of-the-web-summit/

An Irish Start-up’s Experience of the Web Summit
Posted on October 3, 2015 by martina

I’ve thought for many years now that Paddy Cosgrave is selling fairy dust to start-ups and is really clever at it. He appeals to ego and fear in equal measure and knows how to push those buttons to perfection. I have the benefit of being a bit older, so I know that I’m never going to be sitting in a bar beside Bono, I think lots of other founders don’t realise that.

Additionally, Irish based start-ups get emails asking them to host Summit pub crawls, which sounds like it’s going to be great exposure for the start-ups invited. However, you are asked to foot the bill at the bar, and don’t get to choose what companies you invite. It’s a way of the Summit getting the people who can least afford it to pay for some hospitality and give foreign attendees a good time.

The Web Summit is certainly guilty of sharp practice with start-ups but I really wish start-ups were smarter about this. As a start-up you won’t be schmoozing with the VIPs, despite what the slick marketing leads you to believe. You are not going to meet Bono. You are mostly going to meet other start-ups. You will find it hard to meet investors. The companies that raised money at the Web Summit were so good that they would have raised money anyway. It wasn’t a serendipitous meeting that made it possible and it certainly wasn’t the Web Summit.

I wouldn’t use the phraseology ‘scam’ in relation to the Web Summit as there are a lot of fantastic connections to be made if you do a significant amount of work before the event. But at the end of the day, Paddy is in it to make a tonne of money, and the people he’s making money from are the start-ups. Buyer Beware!

1 Like

He is a cunts cunt. Sheep are easily led unfortunately*

*fortunately in Cunto’s case.

When parents pay the €17k a year in fees, they aren’t just paying for their son’s education, they’re also paying for the God complex and the infallible confidence in believing your own bullshit that comes with it.

Friend of mine lives near there and one of the brothers asked him to do a few maths grinds for the junior cert students. He said the lads he was helping were almost remedial. They were destined to be parachuted into one of daddy’s companies and become future captains of industry.

I heard that losing in the Munster Junior & Senior Cup year after year devastates these young lads and costs far more then the school fees long term.

I wouldn’t send any of my kids to an institution like that, regardless of the higher academic results it surely stunts there personality’s feeling inferior to other private schools on the rugby field year after year.

:rollseyes:

You should have cancelled that post, it wasn’t funny & gives the impression you have an interest in Schools Rugby in Limerick.

My dislike of Rugby is firmly rooted towards the Munster franchise, I don’t have anything bad to say about lads playing Rugby for their school or local club in Limerick or anywhere in the country.

They could be doing a lot worse.

Even though I have serious misgivings about about Irish rugby’s reliance on the Schools Cups for developing players, I’ll never admit it.

An idiotic post.

:open_mouth:

1 Like

I used to enjoy the Shannon/Young Munster senior cup and AIL games in Thomond Park back in the early to mid 90’s with the Grandfather and father when I was a young lad.

I never saw the appeal with Munster and the cuntishness that’s associated with the game since then though, And I haven’t been in Thomond Park since they did it up.

I never played the game as the local GAA club always took precedence, I was asked a couple of times to go training on a Sunday morning but my mother put a stop to it. Being a West Limerick women she knew better, way too many injuries in that game she used to say and she was right.

http://www.newstalk.com/WebSummit-2015:-The-food-vendors-speak-out

“I prepared 500 meals … and I only sold 94” - Food vendor pulls out of Web Summit

Tech reporter Jess Kelly speaks to providers at Web Summit 2015, who received backlash from customers over cost. But who was at fault?

The third and final day of Web Summit 2015 is underway. This is the last time the event will take place on Irish soil for at least three years as it moves to Lisbon from 2016. While there are many big names from the world of technology at the RDS, one of the issues causing the biggest stir was the price of the food.

On Tuesday, we heard how a burger and bottle of water cost delegates €20. Today, I have been finding out just how much Web Summit costs the food providers.

I walked across to Food Summit which is based in Herbert Park to talk to food vendors about #FoodGate, just as they were wrapping up after day two. Some providers told me they were busier than the first day, as consumers had been given a breakdown of what their food voucher entitled them to.

I spoke to one businessman, however, who shut up shop and abandoned Web Summit as his presence at the event had cost him €5,000.

"I was told to provide 400 to 500 meals for each day. I prepared 500 meals for Tuesday’s event and I only sold 94. So I threw out 406 meals because we offer high end produce and I will not give my customers two-day old food. We have suffered a big loss. It’s cost me €2,500 per day. So overall I’ve lost €5,000."

He has pulled out of Web Summit as he predicted he would lose a further €2,000 if he opted to stay.

I really, really hope that this fucking thing crashes and burns before Cosgrave makes any real money from it.