Major Boosts to the Irish Economy

He probably needs to wind down after the summit.

Well I hope this is the end of it now cos I’m fair sick of hearing about this cunt day in day out. May he stay in Portugal ta fuck for himself

1 Like

@TreatyStones you sound like a man who could get a decent WiFi setup sorted out. Would you be up for launching the “Web Gathering” in 2016?

We could invite heavy hitter international business men like @bandage @Spidey @balbec @Tassotti, @anon7035031 @briantinnion

I’m open to idea’s here…

4 Likes

“Major Boosts to the Irish Economy”?

wait till I hit home at Christmas, loaded with sterling, I will do all my shopping in Ennis, what a patriot I am, when I can slabs of Fosters here for 12 pound, but no, I am a legend who will keep the country going

5 Likes

The fine mess that Cosgrave has got himself into is what happens when a complete amateur tries his hand at PR. Six weeks since he announced the Web Summit was moving to Lisbon, he still cannot elucidate on what exactly his problems were with the Government.

He’s bullshitted his way through the whole episode and well he knows it. It’s probably a sensible decision on his part to pull out of the Late Late Show. Damage limitation and all that.

2 Likes

Cosgrave and John McGuirk were contemporaries in BESS in Trinners. That’s some amount of cuntishness right there, even for a BESS class, a course which is generally renowned for producing copious amounts of cunts.

2 Likes

Now the hotel federation have come out and said they wanted to do a deal but Paddy wasn’t interested. Also implies that the Web Summit was making a margin on hotel rooms. This is really beginning to fall apart …

http://www.businesspost.ie/hotels-body-says-web-summit-ignored-special-room-deal/

3 Likes

Lovely. Fucking lovely.

https://cdn-business.discourse.org/uploads/default/original/2X/2/25ca3a17837ba3f9316c35f72d278e3602acfa59.gif

2 Likes

Paddy should have kept his trap shut, but enda has let the PR dogs off the leash here. They are a nasty bunch this govt.

What’s this got to do with the Government? Paddy’s cuntishness is just becoming more and more visible.

Oh I don’t disagree but there is an undercurrent of agenda in all this, point being that the Irish hotel federation, or whatever it’s called had a strange hiatus before going public with this. It’s all about the timing. It looks like an orchestrated campaign against paddy cosgrove . His major fault in all this is not just coming right out and saying that they were leaving for better money. Lads now saying the whole thing is a pointless and worthless exercise. No-one gave him anything. He set it up, whatever its merits himself, and made a huge success of it, with politicians and the meeja fawning all over him.
He has every right to move it. The 20 euro lunch is crass, but the hotels were undoubtedly hiking the prices. They would everywhere but Dublin hotel prices are very high to begin with and with crap public transport and gridlock I’d imagine the extra money from wherever he is going was only one feature. A lot of those startups are hand to mouth I’d imagine. Maybe he is just protecting his asset by shifting it. The worm has turned now. I find it unseemly in a particularly Irish way that most people seem desperate for him to fail now.
Good luck to him. He never took anything off me, or stuck a beerglass in my face.
I’d sooner trust a pet pitbull than the Irish hoteliers group.

:clap:

Appearing on the late late show would be a debasement for Paddy.

Paddy has rightly stitched up tubs and rte.

By the way, I am astounded by the level of bitterness on this site that is directed towards a successful individual such as Paddy.

I met a couple of these nerds the other night. The company had four over from Norway. The four of them were in a hostel room for three nights for €700 in total.

They were free in to the summit and had one day of exhibiting. They were contacted via their facebook page and asked if they’d like to attend.

These nerds looked as if they couldn’t afford a chicken roll for €3 never mind a burger and water for €20.

1 Like

A come on - if Paddy and his buddies unleash broadside after broadside insinuating that they were screwed over and the The Web Summit has acted impeccably throughout they can hardly feel aggrieved when the various parties start putting their own view on it back into the public arena. In the words of Seamus Brennan - they’re playing senior hurling now.

I suppose it’s the “undercurrent of agenda” that caused Paddy to commit to, and then pull out of the Late Late this Friday?

Also, if you read the ways the Web Summit charged those “hand to mouth” startups you’d probably assess that the hotels weren’t the only ones who saw an opportunity.

2 Likes

It’s amazing the contrasting reaction between this and the Billy Walsh saga.

1 Like

I think paddy’s main failure here is not hiring a PR guru to spin the shite out if things.

1 Like

Too true and I think that touches on Nembo’s point too.

1 Like