Major Boosts to the Irish Economy

We’ve come along way since the dream of the 2008 Euros died.

So Fritz, behind those cows over there in yonder field

These reports always over inflate the value these events bring to an economy, because they include vague shit like giving a monetary value to “improved brand awareness” (as if anyone in Europe doesn’t know where or what Dublin is). They will count all hotel rooms etc sold, not allowing for the fact that in June/July all these hotel rooms would likely be sold anyway (and those tourists who would have come will now avoid Dublin at that time).

What’s the value of these reports then Julio you ask?

Well the FAI will rock into Leinster house with said report in one paw, and the other paw stuck out looking for €50m to help them fund it.

The FAI/5 nation organizing committee of course having commissioned the report in the first place, won’t be too worried about it’s actual contents. Nor will the Government, who get to announce what a fantastic boon to the economy the event will be.

And we will get to nod along like apes, while UEFA make bank

Should be good craic though. If we can somehow get there it would be off the chain

4 Likes

I did not ask

Exactly the problem

has any other sporting organization brought 600 million into oireland

The FAI should demand money for an upgrade to all LOI Grounds and academy’s

But sure therein lies the problem. They won’t demand it cos they don’t give a shit about it.

Fair play to the FAI. Lots of criticism of Delaney but he knew this was the pot of gold that Irish football needed.

1 Like

That’s more of an argument when you have to build more facilities to host. I’d say €600m is fairly reasonable estimate. Fair play to the FAI.

1 Like

Academy’s what ?

2 Likes

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2022/1114/1336158-euro-bid/

I suppose we’ll have to build a few more hotels.

Imagine what the GAA could do with that initial spend if we got it

Great news, 100m to the LOI please

The GGA isnt able to promote “the greatest sport in the world” to 3/4s of the Country

Oooofffffft

1 Like

Ah yeah, but still, someone needs to fund Dublin GAA

1 Like

I thought you were against overspending on minority sports?

1 Like

If only the LOL owned a suitable stadium to rent out.

1 Like

They should use Croker and Stade De Franc. Far more logical.

Anyway great news for the GAA, government funded upgrades for HQ clap :clap:

2 Likes