Man City

I always comment you fool. The money being spent isn’t right across the board For various reasons.

Man united have wasted money on donkeys like big rom, alexis and other players like that. I’d much rather develop big Alex Tuanzebe than pay for Maguire.

I’m delighted they didn’t buy Haaland as it’s paved the way for greenwood to get his chance in the team.

I’d also prefer to see angel gomes stay than sign a jado sancho type player.

You are an awful dinosaur.

Mother of Christ Sheffield United are doing some serious punching

Chris Wilder is an incredible manager.

Just goes to show spending so much on transfers and wages is no guarantee of success any more. The game has evolved since Ferguson’s time. Klopp has shown it can be done on a shoestring budget. How much have Utd spent on settling up with sacked managers.

1 Like

It’s the weakest premier league in years. Very little difference between 7th and 15th placed clubs.

The season only started a few weeks ago mate. Man U are deserving champions on a shoestring budget. Fall the fuck in.

I’m going to dispute the accuracy of your source there Dan.

Sheffield United spent £41m on wages in their last set of accounts. You reckon that has fallen to £13m since promotion to the Premier League?

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Some of United’s spending since Fergie left has been laughable. Firing money at all sorts of mediocre players and managers.

They look to be on the right track now but I’d put that down to accidentally getting a gem in Bruno rather than any big master plan

Premier League was far weaker in the 90’s when it would have ranked much further down the UEFA rankings and had little enough impact in European comps. In the 00’s there were The Big 4 and relatively decent Spurs and Everton sides but not much else. These days you have the Big 6 and ambitious clubs like Wolves, Everton and Leicester competing.

As great and all as Fergie was he signed a lot of duds too.

Utd went big on trying to get Haaland when they already had Greenwood means the decision makers at Utd still haven’t a clue. This late season run is great to see as it gives OGS more time which is what every rival club wants to see.

3 Likes

Crikey.

He did, but he tended to get the big signings right. And he’d drag a tune out of the side regardless.

Recent managers seemed to lose the plot completely with signings

Klopp’s first match in charge of Liverpool was at White Hart Lane against Spurs in October 2015. A clash of a home side 8th in the table against the visitors 10th in the table. Liverpool finished 6th in the table on 62 points, the season before Klopp took over. Klopp has done an incredible job, a near miracle.

4 Likes

The issue for united is between 09 and 13 they didn’t really spend. They signed cheaper players and refused to fork out big money. The signings of Phil Jones and Chris smalling didn’t work out. After moyes was sacked in 2014 man united had to replace vidic, Rio, evra, Rooney, rvp and likes off giggs, Scholes and Carrick were well passed it. You basically needed to rebuild the whole team. They went about it in awful manner alright.

Conte took over a Chelsea team that finished 7th and won the title the following season. You’ve dismissed him as a manager on many occasions.

1 Like

Ah the old net spend row. It’s been a few weeks

3 Likes

Footix be crazy.

For some reason Spuds fan @ChairmanDan is the biggest Liverpool fan on here. It must be their Tory and Orange Order heritage that makes them so appealing to him.

1 Like

Liverpool basically sold a Nissan Micra (Coutinho) and bought a BMW (Van Dijk) and an Audi (Alisson) without using any spare change.